Enclosure

REXXX
Unregistered guest
im going to make my own enclosure for 2 RE X-X-X 15"s and i need some help, im not sure what size for the box, i tryd looking at there site but it dident have anything for 15s, I want an extreme SPL setup, im also not sure on what kind of wood to use, what would be the best? thanks

REXXX
Unregistered guest
Can i get some help please?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 316
Go with 1 inch to 3/4 MDF (medium Density fiberboard avalible at home depot, lowels, ect.) For dimensions you will want to work around 2 things. Your car and the air space. Use this web site to plug in the dimensions your thinking about using and see if the total Cubic FT is compatible with the ratings on the sub. I imagine 15" needs about 1.75 cu ft of air times 2 because you got 2 subs. So i am guessing about 3.50" cu ft. So play around with box configurations and make sure you get the air space right.
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 603
RE recommends 4 cu ft. per sub ported, tuned to 27 hz. That's a huge box, 8 cu ft for two 15's. Sealed, they recommend 2 cu ft. per sub. 3/4 MDF should be fine. The site Patrick listed will tell you what dimensions to build the box to get the desired results, as well as port info. They recommend a slot ported box, so you'll have to search online for equations that will convert a round port's dimensions (surface area) to slot ports.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 245
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm

The calculators here might help you out.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 765
you'll need quite a bit of internal bracing for two 15" x-x-x subs man, thats gonna be crazy..

i would t une it a little higher than 27, he wants an extreme SPL setup so i would go around 32-35 Hz if you want it to be louder :-)

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 319
That is one big box.

REXXX
Unregistered guest
Alright, thanks a lot, that helped a lot, im going to play around with it a little though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us