Good batteries?

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 235
ok so im thinking about getting a sundown sae 1200 v2. i have a 110a alt, duralast 1000 crank amp battery under the hood, and big 3 upgrade in 0 gauge. I dont plan on having this car for much longer than a year or so longer, so i dont want to invest in a h/o alt. So im looking to add a battery in the trunk. ive been looking at kinetik, shurkien, and optima yellow top. budget at the most for a battery is 200 including shipping. i dont know wat size would be best but i see that the kinetik n shurkien say for systems up to such n such watts. any suggestions or advice(beside saying get a h/o alt)? thanks in advance

btw i hate these damn pop out and drop down ads

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13216
kinetik is out of business now I heard so id go with the shuriken

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 236
so which size? i think there was 1 that said for systems up to 1400 watts, ik the sae 1200 is capable of 1500 so do u think that battery would do? any other good brands i should look into?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13217
Get the largest capacity you can. For your money id stay with shuriken.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 237
shuriken it is then, thanks for the input man

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13218
try to get the bt80

http://www.amazon.com/Shuriken-SK-BT80-80ah-Battery/dp/B0024ONCSW

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 238
thats not a bad price. wat about xs power d1200...it says for systems up to 3000 watts but its crank amps and ah is lower than the bt60.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 239
i dont know sh!t about which battery to get. im just curious but y wouldnt the yellow top be a good option. there 189. would the bt60 be better then the yellow top?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13220
The yellow top would be the same as the bt60. You want as good as amp hour as you can get.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10920
O D Y S S E Y

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13224
He only has 200 to spend

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5545
Kinetik is not out of business, they just packed up shop and moved to a new and bigger facility in Texas (from Ohio).

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13225
Oh ok thanks for the correction Brad.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5546
MS just likes typing their name Sean -- due to his deep (and completely unfounded) hatred for Optima.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 240
So since kinetik isn't out of business would that be better than shuriken?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13226
Yeah do the kinetik 1800 it has 80 amp hours.

http://www.amazon.com/Kinetik-HC1800-1800-Power-Battery/dp/B000LUBQ52

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 2012
Zack, have you bought the 1200Dv2 yet?

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1903
you dont even need a batt in the trunk. your electrical should support 1500 rms easily with that 1000 amp batt under the hood and the big 3 at least it should hold up for a year if not more

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 241
@ basebalz no I haven't yet. Waitin on my tax return. Y?

u really think my electrical could handle it? Anyone else 2nd that?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1904
i used to run 1000 rms with a stock 600 cca battery (i think 60Ah if that), no big three and i never had a problem granted my stock alt was 130 amp. my lights dimmed but i never killed my battery and my voltage always stayed in the 12's.

I mean if you plan to run some power in your next car then the investment will be worth while and you should get the largest battery you can fit. but if not i see no "need" for a battery especially if it only needs to last you a year. your only drawing 150 amps at most (probably more like 100) for short bursts

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13228
"i used to run 1000 rms with a stock 600 cca battery (i think 60Ah if that), no big three and i never had a problem granted my stock alt was 130 amp. my lights dimmed but i never killed my battery and my voltage always stayed in the 12's."

There you go with his example of only staying in the 12's id get another battery. Plus he had a 130 amp alt. And you only have a 110 amp.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 242
I'm runnin 1000 rms now and my lights barely dim at idle with it cranked up. But when I order the sundown amp Im goin to order a voltage meter so I can keep a eye on that. I'm goin to get a extra battery to help maintain my voltage better

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 243
Oh yea n basebalz yd u wanna kno if I ordered it yet? Just curious

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13230
What amp are you running now i might be interested. Although I think going up 200 watts is a waste.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 244
All the reviews Ive seen all say 1500 rms at 1 ohm at 12.8 volts and around 1000 at 2 ohms which will cover impedence rise and wat not. I've got a rd 1000.1 v1 and I don't kno if I'm goin to sell it or jus putt it in my gfs carp

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13231
Thats ok for a while now ive had a no buy rd policy anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2260
i think a 4dm interstate battery would work out nice. and its cheap

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_estore/Products/RT/PID-8D-MHD(Commercial). aspx?dsNavigation=Aro~12,N~20&Title=Workaholic+-+1400+CCA

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 2013
sorry for gettin back to you so late zack, reason i asked is because i have one for sale, BNIB.

also you should see a significant increase in power. in testing the amp did 17xx RMS with voltage at 12.6 and imp rise to 2 ohms.

you will get 1500rms+ out of this amp easily.

and i have a D3100 for sale :D haha

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3417
I wouldn't do buisness with this f@g.

Go somewhere else.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 2014
Snow- please explain yourself?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2261
do not listen to snow. i think he should have left the forum a long time ago

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 245
How much u askin for it? U can jus email me if u want, wackzirth88@yahoo.com

snow y shouldn't I buy from him, like do u actually have a reason or just gotta live up to the a$s hole persona?

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 246
I found a video on youtube of a guy running a sae 1200 v1 in a tiny little car, i asked him if he has any electrical upgrades and wat ohm load he is running it at. he is runnin it at 1 ohm on 2 type rs, stock wet cell battery,big 3 in 0 gauge, and 80a alt. he said hes had that system for 6-7 months and hasnt had a problem. so there another example, still pry get a battery so i can get as much out of it as possible w/o a h/o alt

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11790
Zack, don't worry about Snow. He just likes to mess with people.

David/Basebalz is a legit guy. He installed my system a week or two back for me. I've sent him money to hold onto for the install and left my car and all my audio with him for a few days and everything is great. I'd highly recommend to do business with him if you guys work out a deal.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1906
"I found a video on youtube of a guy running a sae 1200 v1 in a tiny little car, i asked him if he has any electrical upgrades and wat ohm load he is running it at. he is runnin it at 1 ohm on 2 type rs, stock wet cell battery,big 3 in 0 gauge, and 80a alt. he said hes had that system for 6-7 months and hasnt had a problem. so there another example, still pry get a battery so i can get as much out of it as possible w/o a h/o alt"

i hate to say it but, I told you. your battery under the hood is beefy 1000cca is no joke as long as it has a decent capacity. Big three is very helpful which you already have done. You DEFINATELY DONT need a H/O alt, i dont think you even NEED a second battery the one under the hood should be fine for a year assuming it has a decent capacity.

If you plan to run the system in a newer car later on then sure go buy a second battery and the money wont go to waste since you can just transfer it to your new car. if you plan to run more power in the future plan on needing a second battery and a h/o alt at least depending on how much more power(alt for the new car obviously)..

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13242
Well you could go the safe route and run the amp with your current battery and alt and see how it does. Then buy the battery if you need it later.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 247
Im goin to add a extra battery to help maintain my voltage and Like u said mark I can use it in my next car.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 2015
Also have to think about what kinda front stage amp you are going to run. that will also draw power.

the fusing on the 1200Dv2 is 150 amps. avg front stage amp fuse will be 50-60.

Zack, i sent you a email.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us