New setup advice

Username: Jaymoung

Saginaw, Mi

Post Number: 4
ok im not go say im 2 new 2 da car audio world but im not expert ive had memphis 15s alpine type e bs pyle subs lol boss subs orion but im about to do my 99 grand am up i mean rims paint interior everything and im go re do the trunk im think 2 10s or 2 12s maybe 3 10s oe 3 12s in a fiber glass with about 2 amps and a smaller amp for the 6x9 but my main question is would i got with 10s or 12s i kno the size dont really matter but i wanna kno if theres a bennifit n gettin 12s over 10s.and 2 im not geting into comp sound atleast not now i got a 700.1 soundstream amp that pushes 700 rms at 1 ohm so i think about going with 2 10 dvc 4 ohm or 2 12 dvc 4 ohm and wired dem down 2 1 ohm and get the full power of my amp so would i got 10s or 12s i wanna keep my budget under 300 hopefully 200 mayb e 100 per sub thats doing a good 350 rms each who would u suggest wat brand and wat size

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4805
You can do some Alpine type r's for that price range.

Saginaw, Mi

Post Number: 5
but my main question is 10s or 12s wats da differ

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Www.kingmobi... Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1205
more cone area....... if its the same make and model. 12s would be louder due to more cone area and so on and so on

Saginaw, Mi

Post Number: 8
so go with 12s over 10s allday?

Saginaw, Mi

Post Number: 9
and does low and high feq response matter when picking out subs

Gold Member

Post Number: 1207
well yea or even 15s if you can fit them. may need to save a little more money but its ALWAYS worth it to save

remember that's if there the same make and model.

so a 12" Type R would be louder then a 10" Type R due to more cone area. just like a 15" Type R would be louder then both of them.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4806
The box you put the subs is everything, You can make 10's louder than 12's.

But say if you built a box recommended for for 10's and 12's. Generally the 12's would be louder. So if your asking, "In general, if 12's are louder than 10's, IF they are the same model, just different sizes?" Then your answer is yes, due to cone area.

Saginaw, Mi

Post Number: 10
ok i gotcha so what would u suggest on 2 12s or 2 15s dont really matter with the prices i want perfromance i was thinking some kicks not no l7 but maybe some cvrs or jls but i want some good as%subs that go push 350 all day and can handle the abuse i wanna keep it cheap but not so cheap im go be buying crap

Gold Member

Post Number: 1208
KICKER ARE JUNK i'll never own one!

the Type Rs would be 100x better!

and yes 2 15s would be better if you can fit them.

and jl your just really paying for the name.

look at
RE SE's
FI Q's

there's alot more to pick from its just to late to think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us