Will Kicker Comp VR work well w/Hifonics BX1500D?

ewfbootlegga
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to build a little system and keeping it on a small budget for now while leaving room for upgrades without too much expenses for later.

I'm planning on using the Hifonics BX1500D for my sub amp and can get a good deal on Kicker Comp VR 12's. My question is will this amp push them well or will it be too much for them?

I know they get 400watts RMS a piece so about 800 watts total and the amp pushes 1500RMS @ 1OHM. Should I get the 2 ohm or 4 ohm Kickers?

I'm not too familiar with car audio but I have read a bit so I think I need 2 ohm so I can run them parallel at 1ohm.

If this is the case will the 1500watts be too much for the 800 watts of the kickers?

Also if I go with the setup what type of box should I get (I have a 2004 impala). Please let me know specifications of the box so I can have it built to specs.

I'm planning on using a PIONEER PREMIER DEH-P460MP
for my head unit. Will this work well with the amp/subs? Will this allow me to get the most out of it?

I'm also trying to figure out what type of component set to get for my interior along with some good 6x9s.

Looking to spend $450 for interior including amp, components, and 6x9's.

cd520
Unregistered guest
Well, that amp puts out 1500 rms at 1 ohm so that is way too much power. At 2 ohms it will run 1000 watts rms. Thats probably relatively safe to run through those subs. I wouldnt jam for long periods of time at full blast though. If you get two of the 2 ohm version Kickers you could wire them in series parallel to achieve a 2 ohm load.

ewfbootlegga
Unregistered guest
So would you suggest 4 20hm kickers wired to 1 ohm to get about 1600watts rms which would be pretty well powered with the 1500 watts rms the amp puts out?

Also about the other ?'s

ewfbootlegga
Unregistered guest
Trying to make my purchase on monday. Oh btw I have 3 Kicker L5 Solobarics 20hm in my truck that are underpowered by the MTX 8100D. Would putting the Hifonics to them and putting the MTX amp I'm using for the 12" Kicker Comp VR be a better idea? How would I get the solobarics down to 1 Ohm using this setup? And then what Ohm would be best suited using the 8100D and the kickers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us