Good set of components

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 33
im looking for a set of 6.5 in 2 way component system for my VW. good but not overly expensive

Da_Bears
Unregistered guest
What do you consider expensive? I figured spending 200 on four speakers was where I was going to go and ended up spending 220 on two speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 41
well right now im looking at infinity perfects and they are about 225 a pair shipped on ebay so is that the best i can get for the buck?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 557
They're a great bang for the buck and awesome speakers. In the end, it does account to personal taste. What do you want? Some components have a nice, warm, smooth and even response and some lean more towards crispness, clean and more pronounced frequencies, like sets with strong tweeters for example.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 558
By the way, $225 isn't that good to be on ebay, you can get them from online retailers for just a bit more with full warranty. Another set of speakers to look at are CDT Classics.

JeremyC
Unregistered guest
If you want to spend a little more I suggest the Boston pro 6.5s. However, as Jonathon stated, this is also a matter of taste. I had a set of these in my 99 S10. I had the mids in the doors and placed the tweets about 5 inches away in the kicks. It took me about a month of playing with the tweeter location to get the imagining right. However once I did I loved them. No matter what type of music I listened to they performed wonderfully. The mids had a nice firm punch and the tweets weren't to bright. Just the way I like it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us