JBL Components (Opinions)

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 45
Hey guys, what do you think of JBL 608GTi 6-1/2" 2-Way Component Speaker Systems? The link for them is here:

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=C608GTI&ser=GTI&cat=COS

Are these any good and what's the most I should pay for them?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 549
They're pretty good, but I'd do Infinity Kappa Perfects over the JBL's. They're cheaper online and sound better. Expect to pay around 200-250 online for Kappa Perfects.

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 46
Well the reason I ask is that I have a guy selling a pair of brand new JBL 608GTi's for much cheaper than the Kappa's. How do the JBL's compare to the Kappa's?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 559
They're still pretty good, I didn't find them quite as accurate, but a very good set nonetheless. Get very loud, tweeter isn't as detailed (in my opinion) as the perfects. Midbass was better.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 50
The 608's are definitely higher-powered (and you'll know it), but their clarity performance is more akin to the Infinity Reference line. You're paying for the power in this case.

That being said, many enthusiasts do enjoy their sound, due to a much stiffer woofer and longer throw than the Kappas.

If you're out for power and hard sounds, the 608's are worth it at a lower-than-Perfect price.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us