Aq2200

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 420
computers been broke for awhile. using my buddies.

anyways, whats the best price someone could get me on an aq 2200? and i would need more than a 200a alternator, wouldnt i?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13107
Realistically yes you would need more of an alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5173
I run mine on a 136 amp alt, and voltage stays above 12..But I have a 2nd bat as well.
Big 3, 0awg and solid install you should be ok.

As far as price? new, check the site, But ive seen them on CA from 250 plus shipping to 325 shipped.

I got mine for 220 local :-)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2925
I run mine on complete stock w/ 130a alt, but I can't bump full tilt with lights on, or bump full tilt at idle.

Electrical upgrades are next on the list for me.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 540
You might be able to take that alt to a shop and have em beef it up for a few bucks :-)

i've seen AQ2200 go from 250-350 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2926
There is a place locally that does it, but I don't think they do anything real high amperage. I want something around 250a or higher so i don't have to mess with it again.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 543
Mechmans 270 amp goes for 399. That'll be good for like 4-6k just dont forget about batts! Batts are just as important.

Bronze Member
Username: Jason11286

Colorado

Post Number: 22
im running a 200 amp alternator with mine, big 3, no extra batteries, and 1/0 wire for power. i can run it till just before the clipping light comes on and have had no issues at all whether playing music or tones.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10917
Fail. Do not ever use one of those shops that claim to beef up a stock alt. It can not be done effectively and will not give the perfoance of an ho alternator. The sole exception I know of it db electrical a local shop from tenn that also sells online. They do not rebuild a stock alt rather they use a stock case for whatever application and build their ho alt in it. That is how a true ho alt is made.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 546
^ I wouldn't say EVERY shop... most yeah possibly but there are some that can acually take the alternator and turn it into a monster.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

United States

Post Number: 2193
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php/459737-2-AQ2200d-s

300 shipped each, used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us