JBL GTO 12" vs Polk DB1212

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 86
Thread title says most of it, its a friend who is doing a budget install, he listens to rap therefore spl is important.

What you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3030
jbl

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
thats what i was thinking also but I always like to get a second or third opinion

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10914
JBL no question. Polks build quality is on the lower-end side...

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13093
I dont no about that being true about polk MS but the jbl would be my pick for more spl.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 292
Out of the two u have above, i would go with JBL.

I know ur lookin at 12's but take a look at fresh reconed Stereo Integrity BM 10's

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16184&page=2

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 541
How cheap is he getting these subs for?
There may be better options..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
he's getting it for 100$, the thing is there might be other brands available but since We live in Canada, brands like RE and Fi are less available. We would have to order them online, and then you have incorporate shipping and everything. Like me i went with an idmax but i bought it online and had it shipped to a friend in the states to save some cash or else it would come out more expensive than a W7. Thats why I had originally recommended the RE SE but with shipping and weverything it comes out pricey. But if you want to recommend something Im open to suggestions.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13116
Being in Canada does change things.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
Ya it does big time, you get shops that will sell what they have which is not a bad thing its just harder to find the stuff you want in one shop. For example most places will carry Sony, JBL, Kicker, JL Pioneer, Infinity, and almost all carry Alpine. At one point Rockford too now nobody carries Rockford here Than if you want audison, theres one place for that, if you want arc audio, one place for that, genesis another place for that, Ask for zapco, RE, FI, and other brand named American made amps, good luck hard to find so i have to resort to internet, At least cause of nafta i wont pay duties and American Made products buts still it becomes a prob for warrantees returns, repairs and shipping. I have this feeling that companies dont want american made stuff exactly for these reasons which sucks cause we're the ones losing but Im willing to take the chance for myself to by high end from the USA cause i research and check everything before buying but making a friend make that decision on a budget im less willing to do that.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 554
120 bucks for 1 12'' Alpine Type R on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
thats not bad, but its 1/4ohm which i like less cause the amp will have to be bigger,

Thanks for all the help guys im going to order the JBL, either way it should be enough for my friend. By the way the JBL recommends 4"x10" port to tune at 32hz but if I go with a 4"x6" aero would it be the same results?

Cause i cant seem to fine a 4x10 unless i make one using PVC

Should I make it from PVC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us