Sdc2.5,hdc3,fi bl,fi q????

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 192
Ok guys i need some help here. I wanna run a single 15''. Some questions. First, im not realy sure which one to buy. Im only gonna be using an aq1200,so i dont wanna get one an under/over power it. Also, any other suggestions on a sub i can get in the $300 range that would be better please let me know. Second, (which should be the first question) Is a box going to fit? Its going in a dodge neon an the trunk isnt the biggest,but i think it might work. Third, Its stock electrical(90amp alt). Would i be ok runnin this amp an another small amp for comps? Maybe just throw a beefy batt in there? Idk, any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 533
ive heard good things about the HDC3 15 and it only needs 3-4 cubes. you'd prolly have some volt droppin goin on, so get a nice ace batt.

go to this link, the 1200 would work the 2400 would be nice too, cause you'll prolly upgrade later.

http://mechman.com/store/index.php/cPath/1

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13090
Why arent you running the dd 1515 I sold you? Your asking for trouble going 1200 watts with a 90 amp alternator. Remember some amperage of the alternator is for running the basic electrical needs of the vehicle.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 194
Sean, i still have the dd1515 im just a little unsure about putting 7 to 800wrms to it. So i started thinking, I'll just get something that could handle more power. Then i started thinking,while im at it I'll get a bigger amp(which i havent ordered yet). But i know your right, in the end if i dont upgrade my elec. I'll have more problems than i need. Maybe i should just stick to my plan.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13112
If you really want to upgrade just take it a step at a time and get the high output alt first.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7871
That DD1515 will be fine on 800wrms, if you keep it clean.
That AQ1200 will make it easy to watch for clipping w/ the remote clip-light.

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13113
Sean Ill sell you my mtx 81000 d cheaper than that audioque 1200d. $180 shipped

1500 watts at 2 ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Jason11286

Colorado

Post Number: 23
"If you really want to upgrade just take it a step at a time and get the high output alt first"

^ what he said because most likely you'll be happy with the sounds for a while...then you'll wanna upgrade subs/amps again it never fails.

Silver Member

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 196
Let me think about sean, if im just gonna be runnin this sub for now i realy have no use for it. The subs i had that i originaly wanted that amp for i sold. I will def. keep it in mind tho. @canaan thanks, i guess i just needed another opinion on it. I seen the 3 to 5wrms rating and it got me alittle nervous. @jason Believe me i know, ive been threw 4 setups in the last year an a half. Im just never satisfied! I just keep puttin off gettin the alt, but by this spring i should be good on gettin one.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 7872
Sean P,

We sell pairs of DD1500's w/ the DD M1a here at the shop. They work perfectly on that power.

Cory runs 6 DD1512's on a pair of M3's strapped at 0.66ohm dcr (0.33ohm per amp) and they take it great w/ clean power. (around 8-900w each)

I have one customer running 3 DD1512's on a pair of M1a's strapped
...and his trunk lid hates him, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2259
i say the DD.
those aq amps work out great in smaller boxes

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13114