Kappa Perfect 6.1's

Da_Bears
Unregistered guest
I see these at online retailers for 300+ and on E-Bay for 220 shipped. Is this the best deal on them or where would you all recommned buying them from?

Also would like a suggestion on an amp to power them. Was thinking Hifonics or JL.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 42
eBay definitely has the best deal on them; but make sure they are NEW IN BOX.

Jonathan's going to tell you Zapco, I'm going to say Hifonics.

The JL is okay for subs, but I don't really like 'em for full-range speakers -- Kenwood's higher-end stuff has better peformance for the same price.

-Matt

Da_Bears
Unregistered guest
Thanks Matt.

I did go with the Hifonics Zues Amp ZX4000 which has 100X2 at 4 Ohms RMS. Got it for $145.00 shipped.

Did get the Kappa Perfect 6.1's. Got them for $221.00 shipped.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 537
I'm not going to recommend Zapco everyone, I was just pointing out quality on other threads, especially since he already owned one. I don't even own a Zapco amp, just tested them in the past and had friends who used them in the past, I use JL amps. Hifonics makes very good amps. That Zeus ZX4000 is a great amp for the Perfects.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
It's the same one I recommend with Focals a few days ago. Sweeeet.

-matt

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 30
why would you recommend a 2 channel amp? most cars have four speakers. should you have an ampfor the front and another for the back?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
It's far easier to work with setups that have 2 or 3 amps than setups that have 1. Changing a sub or set of speakers leaves few options because of limitations in power, bridge, and crossover capabilities.

-Matt

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 32
but that would get crazy expensive wouldnt it? i mean im a college student looking into a mono block sub amp and then a 4 channel amp for my speakers is that a bad thing? or should i look into two amps for my speakers?

Da_Bears
Unregistered guest
I debated the same thing on the Amp. What I decided was that instead of buying 4 lower end speakers and one larger, 4 channel amp to power them, I would buy awesome speakers and a 2 channel amp to power them. If I feel the sound is not enough and need the other two speakers in the rear, then I would look for some midbass speakers and put in another amp, after saving the money up of course.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 556
Exactly, Da_Bears is right. ESPECIALLY if you're on a budget, don't waste a lot of money to have fronts AND rears, instead focus on having better front components as they are by far more important. The benefit of a 2 channel amp is that it's also cheaper, and you can get a better 2 channel for the money than a 4 channel that's the same price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
4-channel amps are inherently more expensive because they take away the pains of splitting signals, power, etc. But nothing beats the flexibility of having each of your sets independent of each other (front, rears, subs, mids, etc.). You have a lot more room to experiment, and incrementally improve your whole system one step at a time.

1. New front speakers & amp.
2. New rear speakers & new amp for fronts with more power, use old front amp for rears.
3. Get sub amp and subs.
4. Rinse, repeat.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us