Facing of subwoofers

Bronze Member
Username: Lakers6902

San bernardino, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 17
hey everyone, i was wondering if it is good to face one sub inside the box and the other to face outside, like in the pic Upload is this good or no, will it reduce the bass? cause i remember hearing someone say that facing a sub towards the back seat will reduce the bass becasue it causes the sound waves to remain in the trunk or in the area and not move anywhere. can someone please respond with a answer, tahnks

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 294
I dont know but it almost seems like the bass would 'cancel' out and there would be a small amount of bass.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 21
If they arent sharing the same air space..... each sub has a box inside the box. then it shouldnt make a difference if they are sharing then one will go in just as much as the other will go out so there wont be any air pressure build up. Thats my loof from an engineering stand point

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 79
i tried that same exact install on my type r's and they sounded like crap. i don't know why, but i had them in seperate ported boxes. one was facing in, the other facing out, and they sounded horrible. either face them both in or both out.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 733
if you phas the inverted one at 180 degrees, they will both move the same way - one moving with reversed polarity - that might work but you'll need either a 2 channel amp or two seperate amps for that to work

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 27
its bacon could you just switch the reb black config with the wiring?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 735
no you're better off just using a 180 degree phase switch

but if you have no other option, try the switching

and if its a mono amp, dont bother trying you'll just mess up the impedance the amp sees
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us