Audiobahn

Username: Deraticus

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 7
My parents had bought me 2 Audiobahn 550 watt flame series subs for christmas. I still have yet to buy the amp to power them because i have been wasting my money on other things. I live in a small town and plan to do competition later on but not right now. Do you think my Audiobahns will be good enough? The only other retailer around here sells JL Audio and I wanted 2 of those but circuit city said these are "competition subs" Should I keep them or sell em? when i get really into the car audio for competitions i am buying a Memphis Mojo.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 122
circuit city lied to you. places like that will always tell you the are selling you the best stuff when they arent. audiobahns are anything but competion subs. sell your audiobahns and go get 2 jl w6v2 12's i guarentee you will be way more happy with th jl's ove the audiobahns.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 526
Yep. They fed you a line of BS. What kind of competitions are you planning on, Sound Quality or SPL? If SQ, Go JL, Adire Audio, Image Dynamics, Elemental Designs, Eclipse, there are many to look at, JL isn't the only option and definately isn't the most cost efficient. I recommend Resonant Engineering X.X.X for SPL, wicked subs with good sound quality. Two 18" X.X.X. series will blow your car apart with the right power.

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 8
Yeah but should I even give my audiobahn subs a chance? I mean if i sell em without even trying them one my parents would kill me and 2 when i was at carlise the Audiobahn truck had some good bass gaurenteed they had about 8 of my subs in the back instead of just 2.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 124
you can try them if you want but trust the experts on this site, audiobahn is low quality stuff that looks good. think of audiobahn as a pontiac fiero with one of those ferrari body kits. they make there stuuf look cool just to get you to buy it.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 527
The fact that you don't have an amp or the money for one constitutes that when you finally get an amp to push them, you may not be happy or they may blow on you. If you do sell them, don't tell your parents I told you to do it :-) Audiobahn is low end, poor sound quality and low longevity. JL's will make you much happier in the end.

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 9
Actually i compare audiobahn to sony....good looking stuff bad outcomes. Sonys Explodes looked good....but they lived up to their name too well.

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 10
Well how much are those jl w6v2 12"? I can prolly snag enough money cuz around here they are just a bunch of farm hicks and theyll thing audiobahn is better.....plus im like really popular around town.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 731
ick ur better off buying a 12" brahma than a w6v2 - the w6 is about $400 NIB from dealer and the brahma is $350 NIB from dealer

ebay is a whole diff story...not sure what price they may be at on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Lakers6902

San bernardino, CA U.S.A.

Post Number: 19
sony and audiobahn both suck, just go with the jl you will be more happie, i dont have jl :-( cause im short on cash right now and trying to get a job but no one is hiring, this sucks, ha. anyways i have jbl subs

Bronze Member

DuBois, PA

Post Number: 11
Well im trying to get a better job too but as im in a small town no one is hiring. I deliver newspapers but i guess 100 every 2 weeks isnt bad....more than what i got at wendies. JL subs must be good so ill take a look at them and ill try to sell my bahns for that much.....people r so gulible in this town its not even funny.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us