Need Help

Unregistered guest
bought my frist car this week its a 1995 chevy cavalier. the whole sound system is stock and its alrite for the radio but im not wasting my time to make tapes. so here is where i need help there are tons of products out there and well im new at seting up a whole new audio system. i don't have a huge budget but can probably spend 600 or so for everything that i need. i don't need a really big system. all i need is the ability to play cds with clear crisp sound at higher volumes, i am in love with bass so i need something that really hits the lows. i would get it professionaly installed and buy pre-made boxes. the 600 budget is what i can spend on all the equiptment except pre-made boxes, and installation that has already been arranged to be paid. so if anyone can help me wiht an idea of what brands and what types of equiptment i need it would be great. oh and i would like to keep it as red as i can as its the color of my car and my fav colour but i know tha sony is one of the only brands with red speakers....

Unregistered guest
Well, I have three different cd players for sale. A sony xplod 50x4, a JVC 45x4, and a kenwood 47x4. If you are interested please e-mail me at greggjess@yahoo.com I'm not looking for much, less than a hundred dollars for either one. But that would help with your budget being at $600. I have 2 12" alpine type R, but the 10" would be cheaper and also really good. I also have a 1200W Legacy amp for sale for say $100. Right now it is powering my 2 12" 1000W Alpine subs. The amp is brigeable, and 4 ohms and it is 2 channel.

If red is what you are looking for than my sony cd player and any red legacy amp and possibly my red legacy 12" sub may be what you need. they are all red. The cd player, the amp and the single 12" sub all for $230. Nothing is wrong with any of these, I just upgraded my whole system and now have these items sitting in my house.

As far as the boxes, you can find a good deal on ebay. you will also need a wiring kit, and maybe a capacitor as well. but you can e-mail me if you are interested in what I have. It will save you a lot of money.

Anonymous

hey, I need some help...I'm on a budget of about 500-550 dollars and i wanna put a nice boomin bass system in my car, if someoen can suggest their best combo for a head unit, subs/box, and an amp with watts power and all those details, id really appreciate it...thanks a lot

Username: Toneloc

Post Number: 7
id go with a pioneer head unit, a kicker speaker and box and a kx800.1 mono kicker amp for your car.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 46
Well you're not working with much because this is an expensive hobby. GreggD deal seem like a good deal for a novice car audioholic. You can afford to get cheap subs and a cheap amp but you gotta get a popular brand head unit. Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, etc. Make sure you head unit power out put is at least 19 watts RMS. That usually'll get you some nice output on any subs. Just make sure of another thing, your sub(s) aren't too strong for your amp or vice versa because you do one or both of 2 things... Fry the sub or the amp!
If your amp is too strong for your subs you'll probably get a lot of distortion or even blow your subs. If your sub requires more power from the amp than it can handle your amp will probably protect itself and keep turning itself off. Then you have reboot the amp so it will comeback on then it will eventually fry. Just do a little looking around for some deals and make sure you read the features and post them on here and you'll probably get some help which will have yourself and good sounding audio system for a good deal.

Username: Brett_faulkner

Post Number: 1
I have this awesome car (used 98 civic)which the chicks dig, and would like to look cool. What subwoofers should i buy?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us