Dual stock alts

Bronze Member
Username: Daenzer2010

Metamora, Mi Us

Post Number: 11
alright so my voltage drop is pretty bad right now running 2 fi bl 15's and 2 aq1200's. i only have stock alt so obviously i need to upgrade that and get another bat. but im short on cash.

Q: easy to run dual stock alts? stock i get 150 amps so would it be doubled with another stock. i can upgrade to an aftermarket alt for 300 bones and another stock for 40 so it would help alot if this wasnt too hard any help is appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 213
For the price a bracket and new belt would cost you to run 2 stock alts, plus the price of the second alt, invest that money into one good, strong alt. Be sure to upgrade your battery terminals and do the big 3 upgrade with 0 guage wire.

Silver Member
Username: Simple_smith

Lapeer, Michigan United States

Post Number: 207
Idk its kind of a toss up. If you can find a bracket or kit for cheap then, by all means do that. Otherwise just save up and get a HO alt

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10910
Yea, the custom stuff you would need will cost you more than a good HO alternator.

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 523
If you get the measurements i have a guy that will make you a custom bracket cheaper then ANYONE you can find :-)

Just let me know..

Bronze Member

Metamora, Mi Us

Post Number: 12
domenico, how cheap is cheap cause im very interested if its cheap enough

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 532
I need the measurements first so we can know what size it needs to be along with yr make/model/year and engine information. I'll call him and ask for around about price tho.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 13096
I hope this does end up being the cheaper route because that would be a good setup.

Bronze Member

Metamora, Mi Us

Post Number: 13
ill get that to you later tonight hopefully

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 544
fo sho, just let me know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums