Kicker S10L7's

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
ya i think im gonna get 2 of these and i have a Audiobahn A8002t amp and it will push 800 watts rms so 400 to each sub the rms rating for one sub is 600watts does any one think that 400 would not be anuf power for them cuz i was just reading some reviews and a lot of them said they need a lot of power for them to sound good?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 156
Are you going ported to sealed. Also dvc 2 or 4 ohm. Yes those subs do need a good amount of power but it depends on the box.

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
They are each gonna be in about 1.3 sized ported box and they will be dvc 4ohm.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 162
That box is gonna be too small. I would look at the following box if you dont aleady have it. Those subs at min in a ported box require 1.50 cu ft for the bare min.

http://proboxrocks.com/superbass/2-10-SQ-SPB.shtml

And does your amp have a subbonic filter on it. If not your gonna need one. If it doesnt then the next amp I would look at would be a hifonics BX1000. If your current amp does have a subsonic filter on it I would get the above box and use your amp and see if your happy with it. If your are happy then all is well if not then I would go with the hifonics bx1000 which can be had for around 200-250.00.

Heres the amp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5705585397&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

illsound
Unregistered guest
acually its 1.25 for a ported box

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 203
Go with the SuperBass box. Those boxes are built to last and make the SoloBarics pound.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 163
Oh ok it used to be 1.50-2.25 guess they took it down a bit. But yes I would go with the superbass box and the amp you have now and see how you like it. Does your audiobahn amp have a subsonic filter on it?

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
yes it does but the problem is im putting this all in a ford ranger reg. cab so space is limited but i was just wondering if 400 watts to each sub would be good anuf.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 726
yes it should be enough

xBrettx
Unregistered guest
thanx for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help