FI BL vs AQ HDC3

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 471
As some of you know, i am getting a AQ2200. So.. I have narrowed it down to a pair of either FI BL or HDC3.. either 18s or 15s. NOW i know i could/should push more power to em but later on i am planning on strapping another AQ2200.

I am leaning towards the HDC3.. but ive never heard them in person. (youtube.. but come on..)

Any and all suggestions welcome :-)

SPL is what im wanting.

-Thanks Dom

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 3027
if you plan on running more power go AQ

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2914
^x2

or get BTL's if you are sure you are going to get another 2200

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2614
I own a HDC3 15 and love it just heard it in a sealed box thats way to small for it but just something quick to test it in and was only giving it about 600 watts and wow thing gets loud and decently low can't wait to build a huge box for it and hook it up to my RD 1750.1 ;)

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 473
Dont have enough cash for the BTLs

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 474
Raycist - Do you know how many cubes per sub it should have? i glanced through the website and didnt find it.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2615
3-4.5 cu ft for the 15. and tuning to 35-40 in general

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 475
where on the site does it state the box specs?

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2616
Doesn't bro you just gotta do some research ;)

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 476
shiiittttt ima lazy piece of shiiitttt lmfao you do it for me find out for a 18''

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2617
4.5-6 cubes tuned to 36-38hz

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 478
12cubes ina s15 hmmmm.. i wonder.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2618
"The 18 likes 5-7cubes with 6 cubes being what most perfer, tuned 36-38hz"

did a little more research and this was quoted from the owner of Audioque himself DJ ;) i wasn't off by much

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 479
12 cubes would be best then i take it... i think i can make it fit. id have to remove my seats to get the box in tho hahah

Silver Member
Username: Woofers4life

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 151
yea you can make it fit Domenico, im prob gonna go with 1 18in HDC3 cause well i dont wanna loose all my leg room, im not a short guy lol i need my leg room.

2 18s d2 @ 1 ohm on 2200d would be maxing the subs out for the recommended. How much more can these subs take than rated i wonder? can one take the full 2200? if so i think im gonna be trying AQ for a min.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15862
each company is supposed to have its own forum where u can go read & get some ideas ...

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2019
the HDCs can take a lot of power if you know what you are doing.

i have read about people putting 3K+ daily on them

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2623
"each company is supposed to have its own forum where u can go read & get some ideas ..."

or they can come here and ask and the helpful guys here can always help you out :-) come on Rovin we need all the traffic we can get as long as its to help guys on their car audio needs as long as they aren't Trolls

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 481
Big D - so far ive heard from many many many people that if you get 2 HDC3s 15"/18" strap who AQ2200 to it.

Rovin - ima go check that out, thank you for the tip :-)

Raycist - very true, Ecoustics is one of the simple forums, very easy to find yr way around. Thats why i dont really go on any other forum :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15865
yes E is good - its the very 1st car audio forum i joined & im still here regularly but its more sensible to get other ideas especially when there exist forums solely for that product\s

ex - if i had to build a box for a DD sub well i wud go to their forum to get ideas since i bet i wud not be the 1st 1 to use DD sub model X & others out there wud have done it b4 so u learn off their experience & u share urs with others too , thats what its all about ...

Silver Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 153
ok i got ya, when over working a sub an o-scope really helps haha. is there anyway to get an o-scope for less than like 500$?

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 482
Rovin - one thing that would make this forum better is more traffic on build logs. im sure most will agree.

Big D - i donno

OT: how long does it take for FI to reply to an email.. hoolllyy shiiittttt lol

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 484
^ still no responce from fi..

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 486
^ still no responce from fi..

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 2024
response*

give it time. im sure that they are just busy. no business ignores emails that can possibly turn into sales

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 511
didn't feel like editing.

i went on the forum and it was stated they are behind on emails. i just need the measurements on the clothing lol

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 2166
domenico = post wh0re

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 516
I have 516 post..

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Box Designer & Builder...Dustin

Post Number: 5269
We all were somewhat in the earlier days.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 517
If my math is right..

I posted roughly 57 times a month since April 09 (9 months ago)

You (Abarca) posted roughly 75 times a month since Aug 07 (29 months ago)

..but im a post wh0re

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2257
i have listened to both and played with both subs. with that much power get the HDC3.

if its for burps only i would get the BL.. but im guessing u want music too.
the hdc3 is the most for ur dollar

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2918
"I own a HDC3 15 and love it just heard it in a sealed box thats way to small for it but just something quick to test it in and was only giving it about 600 watts and wow thing gets loud and decently low can't wait to build a huge box for it and hook it up to my RD 1750.1 ;)"

You're gonna love this sub. My cousin picked one up and I guided him through his first box build last night and got it installed. Box was 4.5cf @ ~37hz on only 1000w and that thing was loud. Can't turn it up without hearing the damn roof flex!

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2626
thats awesome i can't wait to get everything installed what does it compare to in loudness that you've heard?

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2921
can't really compare anything exactly, I haven't got to hear many "Loud" setups. but it's louder than my 12" la storm (tc-3000) on 2kw.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 2627
i've never really had anything with this much power so i'm eager to hear the results the loudest thing i had was a pair of 12" L7s on a memphis 1000 watt amp and thing was nasty loud i know everyone hates on kicker but it got loud not even the 18" ascendant audio havoc or 15" Re Sx were close to being as loud but i'm hoping this next setup will be the loudest by far

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1179
i was told 3.5 cubes would be best this sub how much of a differences dose it make

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 539
^^^ 3.5 is not "the best"
Heres an email from Dj (owner of audioque)

"Dom if you have 10.5 net cubes after sub and port displacements the 18's will work. The 15's like 3.5-4.5 after displacements so if your box is 10.5 gross before displacements the 15's will work better."

So i decided to go with the HDC3s. Im about to say fuuuuuck the back window so i can fit 2 18's
(by making the height of the box cover more then half of the back window)
as of now i dont have enough space as i want for them, so i was going to go with 2 15s but ive gotten myself so geeked up for 18's i dont really want to get anything smaller.

Ill keep yall updated. my AQ2200 should be here ina couple days! its in NV and im in AZ.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 295
Both r good, brand on brand always looks good.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4781
If the copper hdc3 is anything like the old hd3's. Then they should be able to take 3k no problem. Ran my hd3's on 3k and they took it. From what I know, they say hdc3>hd3. I would sure like to try one out. IMO, go with 15's so that you can put them in a proper enclosure.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 545
Berny- i'm waiting on a email back to see how much bigger I need to go till I get 12Cubes after all displacements. I can make it fit.. I just don't know if I want the box so tall that I won't be able to see out of my back window.. but I'm thinking abou doing it anyway.

While I was talkig to Dj he said 2 AQ2200 will blow the shiiiittt out of the sub. eveyone is telling me to run 2 aq2200 to each lol

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4787
DJ said 2 aq2200 to each sub is to much or did you mean 1 aq2200 to each sub is to much?

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 547
"2-AQ2200D on a single sub is asking for trouble. You will most likley blow your sub. One AQ2200D is plenty." - Dj

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4788
Ok cool. Were you talking about the copper or aluminum versions. Or just hdc3's in general.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 548
I never told him if I was gettig the copper or aluminum.. so hdc3 in general.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 565
^^^^ BUT he also says..

"Now if you are a "HARDCORE COMPETITOR" and want to really push those HDC3's link a pair of the AQ2200D's to a single HDC3"

on his website so idfk haha

Silver Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 162
i think he means for a short burp not musically used, notice the word "COMPETITOR" is used. but just my .02

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 568
prolly

Gold Member

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4794
Well I'm getting 2 custom 10's made. I was thinking about using the hdc310's maybe in a future setup if my custom 10's don't do the job.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 574
custom? hmm, never thought about going that route.
If i was getting something custom id get like 24'' of cone space or something like that.

Silver Member

Lexington, Tennessee

Post Number: 165
are you saying you would get a custom 24in sub made? haha thats a little big i do think. haha.

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 577
hell yeah do it BIG Big D! hahaha

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1180
domenico i dont think you are wording any of this right i have spoke to dj before about using more power on his subs he even try to talk me into getting a sundown 3000d to use for daily but i wouldnt his words were to just be careful and watch what i do never once did he say not to

Silver Member

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 582
How/what am i not wording it right? i copied and pasted what he sent me ina email..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us