Help for Brahma box JON,Bacon_12,glassw,pat,wahl etc

Bronze Member
Username: Virulentv

Post Number: 20
there is no specific subzero box for a single 10" brahma, but heard subzero's RPS10G would be a good fit for the 10". this is what the box dimensions are:

0.66 cubic feet internal volume
Width 20.50" x Height 12.00" x Top Depth 5.00" x Bottom Depth 11.25"

the amp is jbL600.1. now what i wanna know is if the sub will be a proper fit and if the amp will be able to push it properly. not to mention i'm a retard about all this box and fits

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 712
i would suggest a slightly larger box, say .8-1.0 cubic feet sealed, you'll get better delivery from the brahma

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 514
For a Brahma 10", they recommend .6 cu ft. sealed for a SQ application, you'll be good with that but I 'd do in the .75-1 cu ft region for extended low freq response.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Bro, i cant find a box like that in sub zeros(adire preferred). even if i go with the 12" brahma , the ABS121 is 1.25 ft3 x 1. this one is 0.66ft3. tell me anyother possiblity for a 10" except getting a box built.thanks

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 517
That's what I was getting at, sorry I didn't clarify. .66 cu.ft. will be fine, it just won't drop as low as a larger box and it'll take more power to reach peak excursion. Really there isn't another possibility except the lower quality boxes like Q-logic, etc. They're not bad, but with the weight of that sub and the excursion and power it has I like to have a stronger box with more internal bracing and support for the sub, such as a subzero or a custom box. Getting one built won't be any more expensive than a subzero box, they're expensive as it is.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 201
The box with .66 cuft will work but like Jonathan said it won't drop as low and will reqire more power. If I was you i would go have a box built for it that has .88 cuft. With either box that sub will sound amazing. Make sure the box is built very sturdy or it will literaly fall apart.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
jon, its not about building a box being expensive but its like this if i go to a store(as i dont know ppl to build a box), to get the thing done the guy will charge me $150 for a box whereas under $150 i can get a subzero RPS10g(http://www.audioperfect.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=65&produc ts_id=498) shipped. so wouldnt i be better with the subzero then a custom box? thats how i am looking at things. or simply i could just go with brahma 12" and get brahma specific sealed subzero box ABS121, things would be getting out of budget but i can wait a little more for the moullah to come in
btw, which size (10" or 12") can pump the lowest possible notes beautiful,accurate and clean?

thanks all

Silver Member

GA USA

Post Number: 533
12 for the low notes. They're just as clean as the 10. I like the 12 better anyway, and the Subzero 12 box is amazing for it. As far as the guy building the box if it's a generic box it's not going to be as good as the subzero.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us