Front and rear kappa 60.5cs or front kappa and kicker midbass in the back?

Username: Mefromfl

Post Number: 1
can some one give me suggestion on what i should do about my system setup. I have 2 amps, 1 400watt running my 4 speakers and 1 amp to run my 8" solobaric. I just need to upgrade my speakers in side. I'm thinking of either having a component in the front and back or component up front and have midbass speakers in the back, what do you guys suggest? And also, i have a sony cdx-7700 Head unit. What should set my LPF and HPF to be, it ranges from 75hz to 125hz. I'm kinna confuse about the LPF and HPF, i have it set as HPF =125 and lpf=75

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 38
Most installers recommend that you match manufacturers and product lines all the way around, regardless of the setup. This is generally because the response ranges vary so widely that you may miss out on some sounds or get emphasis on a particular range that isn't really in the music.

75 is pretty low for a LPF on your sub -- as is 125 for a high-pass -- unless you have midbass or 3-ways (component or axial) to cover the rest of the range.

As is usually the case, your options are limited by budget and purpose. Let us know what you want to do, how much you want to spend, and you'll get some decent recommendations.

-Matt

Post Number: 2
Well i just got two pairs of kappa 60.5cs, i will be hooking it up this week. I have 1 kicker L5 (8") as the sub, I just like clean sounds and not too loud. I'm just still confuse on how to set the lpf and hpf on the sony cdx7700 to get it to sound right. I had a rockford fosgate which costed me 69.99 at crutchfield in my car now, which doesn't sound so right. I'm pushing it with an old punch 400.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 525
Components in front, midbass in back. Or components up front and nothing in the back. Either way you want to do it. Around 60-80 hz is a good LPF and HPF setting for many components, when you start going above that region the bass from the subs becomes more focused, which isn't good if your subs are in a trunk because the image won't be as good as it could be, but in the end it depends on which components and subs you get. Many people can't cross their components that low because they bottom out from the bass.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 41
I agree with Jonathan.

Sub: 80Hz (LPF)
Rear: No tweeters, keep the passive Infinity crossover, and set the HPF on your HU at 80 (giving you a midbass of 80Hz-3.5KHz).
Front: Tweeters are meant to be OFF-AXIS, no spec for the woofers, but set your HPF at 80.

Enjoy.
-Matt

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 530
One installation we did, you may like this. We mounted the front components in kick panels (door locations work, too) and the tweeter beside and a little above it. We put rear components in with the woofer in the rear deck for rear fill, but mounted it's tweeter up high in the A-pillar in front, running off the rear's crossover. Then, we faded out the rear, which also attenuated the tweeter. If you fade it out carefully, the front components will be the main system and be the focal point of the music, while the rear components are attenuated, with a tad of rear fill, and up front those tweeters just enough detail and clarity, while raising the soundstage where it doesn't all sound low and centered, but a wide soundstage. Sounded great. Just throwing you that option since you have the components to do it with.

Post Number: 3
Thank you guys for all your replys. I just thought it would be even out with 2 set of components, plus i do have friends riding in the car with me alot. I will probably do what johnatan says and fade it up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us