Box Size Question

Unregistered guest
Ok this is what i have, so work with it.

I Have a Few Jensen XS1010 speakers, 150RMS, 450Max. What size box should these go in to soudn the Best and hit hard as they can? Should i go with specs? Ported? Sealed?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 273
Ported= high volume levels (all around rock, jazz music
Sealed= Deep bass (Rap)

Unregistered guest
ok Sealed, Should i go with Jensen's Spec size Sealed box, which is .75 cu ft. or Bigger?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 710
hes got it all wrong

sealed will give you a tigher response for like classical, jazz, etc...it hits lower but it is not as loud as ported

ported is louder, +3 dB to be nearly exact and it is often used for bass, which does not require the quick smooth repsonse of jazz and classical, and is usually loud, boomy bass

bandpass is for SPL use with gains of up to +24 dB with box design - spikes at a very very narrow frequency range and does not go well with other frequencies lower than the tuned, it will roll off and sound awful

Unregistered guest
ok then, I Listen to Rap, lotsa Bass, i want it to be loud, and to shake the sh*t outta me whats my best choice, and what size of box should i go with

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 276
Sealed will be the best, especally for RAP. If your jensen spec. size said 0.75 cu inch then you will work around that. I suppose you have 2 subs so double the 0.75 to get 1.50 cu in. Now go to the link below and work around your car with measurements and see what you like till you get the correct space. Now it doesnt have to be exact like between 1.4 and 1.6 is fine.
You may need to scroll down.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/boxcalculator.asp

Unregistered guest
Well i Have 4 Subs haha. and huge Trunk for it all

Silver Member

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 278
4 subs that is awesome, my hat goes off to you, so you need around 3.0 cu ft of space. You need a big box!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us