Alpine Type S,Kicker Comp VR-Ported Box

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 150
Both of these subs have the same rms wattage and have the same requirements for a ported box. The main diff is the cutout size and the max watts and the xmax. So im lookin at a subbox that is 1.5 cu ft which sub would you choose.

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
id go with a comp vr, but not a 12 or 15 id go with a 10 or 2 10s because the 10s respond better and faster. i have custom boxes for my 2 compvr10s and my 10s were louder than 3compvr 12s. get the comps with a custom box unless u have heard how much louder the slot ported box for a comp vr is u wouldnt beleive it. before i got by boxes i put my 10 in a normal sealed 10 box. it was average and a 12 comp vr could definately beat it and obviously a 15 vr but once in the ported box, just one it passed the 12 and the 15. then i added 2 of these boxes to my explorer and am planning to add 2 more.
so.... slot ported box + kicker comp vr 10=LOUD!!!

kickercomp
Unregistered guest
my box for each 10 is 1.91 cuft. i dont know how big the alpine needs but 1.91 for a compvr10 4 ohm dvc is the best size box for that speaker with a 2in x 10 1/2in port. so i think if you put the comp in a 1.5 box it would not have the same results and 1.5 may be better for an alpine, but match up the comp in the 1.91 and the alpine in its perfect box and wave goodbye to the alpine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us