Help with speakers on a prius

Username: Priuspimp

Austin

Post Number: 1
I want to change the speakers in my 2010 prius, but there are a few things going on, that make me unsure what to install. From my current amp the front channel goes to a squawker (mid high) on the dash pointed up to the windshield, there is a unknown passive network, and the other end goes to a 6x9 coax in the door. I was going to just go with a component 6.5" speaker, putting the mid-woofer in the door, and tweeter in the dash location. But I think the mid-range coming from the sides, and highs coming from the front might give a bad sound stage.

Choices are to 1) go component, 2) change the door speakers leave the dash speakers with crossover (take care of it with the equalizer), 3) coax in door as a separate channel than the dash, 4) do three but change out the dash speakers (opening is 2.6", but they are small parts and am willing to pop a hole and put 3.5" speakers in if there isn't a smaller good speaker.

The back speakers are in the back doors and I just plan to get coax 6.5" speakers that match the front.

I'm planning on putting in a pioneer hu as soon as the metra dash kit is ready (it should be within a month). It has 4x22wh continuous 4x50 peak into 4 ohm speakers(doesn't like 2 ohm) and 3 pairs of amp out (front, back, sub). Ideally I would like to run the speakers out of my head unit and add a powered sub woofer. I'd like to spend as little as possible to get a good sounding system and don't want to pay more than $1000 for speakers and amps.

My inexpensive system choice is polk db6501 components in the front, db651 in the rear with an infinity basslink powered sub woofer. I don't think it would sound as good as I want it too. I am open to any speaker and amp suggestions. I can mount tweeters or mids elsewhere in the front. I would really like it if amps and better speakers would make it so I don't need to take up space with a subwoofer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us