Amp wiring

Username: Broeseker

Post Number: 1
i had a system in my truck for some time and it was installed by a audio shop. I took it out for room in my truck and now im going to be installing it my self and i was wondering if there is a special type of wire you need for the ground wire or can i just use power wire. also i have a xstatic batcap 800 and i am not sure how to install it properly. it obviously has a positive and negative terminal but i dont know if i ground the amp to the batcap or ground the amp and batcap seperatley.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 177
Wire is wire really. The colors help you to know which is which. The important thing is to use the correct gauge. You really cant go too large but you can go too small for the power the amp needs to run on.

Username: Adamv624

Post Number: 2
Wire is Wire but you need to make sure you dont go under the recommended gauge you can go over all you want but dont go under also Monster wire is REALLY good esp for car audio just heavy duty but a lil expensive but yes you do need to ground your wire attach it to any part of your cars frame thats all grounded. if u dont youll get the magic smoke lol your Positive on your amp goes to your Positive terminal on your battery your Negative on your amp goes to the ground aka your cars frame if ur amp doesnt have a remote on/off wire u might want to put a switched on your power wire so u can turn off ur amp so it wont drain your battery when you turn your car off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us