Aduio Control 3.1 Install HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Tweezy79

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 14
I have an audio control 3.1 that I picked up from a buddy of mine for a couple hundred bucks. It was barely used, so I know it's a good deal. My problem is understanding how to hook this puppy up. I have a mono amp pushing my subs and a multi channel amp for all my components. I have a basic understanding off where the RCA's go, but how do I wire the power, remote, ground wires. Heres my question

Can I connect the power wire for the EQ and run it to the headunit power wire?

Can I run the remote wire to the same remote wire on my headunit?

And what about the ground wire? Does that need to be hooked up the to the chasis of the car.
I really don't wanna pay anyone to do this since I already installed everything on my own. I have looked for a diagram online but have had no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Tweezy79

Chatham, Il

Post Number: 15
With some additional research, I found out that I can run the power wire for the EQ to a fuse. Can I replace the radio fuse with a larger one and run the power wire for the EQ to the radio fuse?

I found out that I can run the ground wire to the car, but I am still having issues with the remote wires. Can I run the remote wire from the headunit to the EQ and then run the remote wires for both amps to the same remote wire running from the headunit to the EQ?

Bronze Member
Username: Classiccaraudio

Chico , Ca California

Post Number: 12
here is how you hook it up

all you have to do is tap into your decks power , ground , keyed on

and make sure there is a fuse on the deck and thats good enough

then what you do is run your front rear and sub from your amps into the eq and then just run a single RCA from the front of the deck to the eq and thats it

i hope that help bro late
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us