Please Help. What Amp is best for 2 Alpine12" Dual 4 ohm Type-R Subwoofer

Username: Dcshoepunk007

Maryland United States

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased 2 alpine type r subs. They are just sitting at my house because i dont know what amplifier to get. I was thinking either a Hifonics, or Rockford Fosgate? I really wanna install the subs but i want to be sure i am getting the right amp. PLEASE HELP

Username: Tkzone

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
Gary first off what type of enclosure are you going to use ie. Sealed,vented,band pass etc.. Because your power handling ability will diffeR.FORGET MAXXSONIC

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12985
What voice coil configuration did you get?

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
Sean that wont matter that much but good question. Dont overwhelm the guy. YET. LOL

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 3
Alot and i mean most every body dont realize you can get .5/ 2/or 4 ohm config. Frm a pair of dvc2s

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 187
It says dual 4 ohm in the title of the post. Fosgate is a good, solid amp. I wouldn't recommend Hifonics. Another good amp to look into is an AQ1200D at audioque.com . I'd recommend having a box built for the subs if you don't already have one. The enclosure is very important. If you happen to get sealed, as long as the prefab matches the recommended specs for the woofers, you should be ok. Having one built per your specifications tho better meets your needs and expectations of your subs. When you do get your amp, be sure to set your gain correctly. This is very important.

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 7
Kenwood kac 9010 class d 1 ohm stable and cea tested 900wrms

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12990
yeah i missed that the coils were mentioned in the title. I agree with the audioque 1200d suggestion.

www.audioque.com

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 8
Need to correct myself that would be a kenwood kac 9104 model have personally seen one in action on two cvr 12 in a spl large ported enclosure and you could not breathe or swallow at 10db on the boost bro. Also the bamf 2000 or 4000d by power acoustik are sick i have the 2000 and i cant imagine how loud the 4 is, much less the 5500/1d which can push 4 15s all day. This coming from an oskool Ppi junkie who put my pcx280 cheater on the shelf for one of these

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 196
A ham and pineapple calzone sounds pretty good.

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 9
Sounds pretty tasty. Im dooling just thinking about it. I thought mark wanted an amp ? Hope he didnt call on Brutus. LoL. Anybody heard the newer reference series by soundstream?

Platinum Member

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12999
The new soundstream amps isnt what the name used to be. Skip it.

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 288
There is a Elevation Audio 1000D for cheap, on CACO.

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 10
Nothing really is bro. Found that out the easy way when i bought 2 new ppi handcrafts that my buddy had sittin in his pawn shop since 01 bran new. Then tried to find a four channel to match and everything is made in china. Alpine kenwood and sony too.wtf? All i wanted for xmas was a Punch 150 or two. But i spent my life makin chicken salad outta chicken sht. It aint always what you got but what you do wit it. You agree?

Bronze Member
Username: Dcshoepunk007

Maryland United States

Post Number: 12
I tried to make the box as big as i can but due to a spare tire it cant be that be very big. Height - 18
Width - 30
Length - 10
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us