Sub and Amp Install

Username: Jballoy08gt

CA

Post Number: 1
So I'm getting ready to install 2 10'' Kicker L5's and a Rockford Fosgate Punch 800 amp with a Rockford Fosgate RFC1D Capacitor as well as Kicker PKD4 amp kit And last a LOC because I'm Keeping my factory navi in. Is there any thing eles I need any tips It will be going in a 2008 Mustang GT.

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 159
Just make sure the enclosure is built to spec. I wouldnt recommend a pre fab box unless it is sealed, and meets the requirements of those woofers. If it is ported and you want them to sound their best, Id have someone make you one, unless youre good with woodwork yourself. You can have guys on here make you one, shipped to you for a very reasonable price.

Username: Jballoy08gt

CA

Post Number: 2
I have a ported enclosure already from my last car. I do work in a wood shop I make cabinets and stair parts and made some before just been really busy cause we are moving locations. I plan on making one once the shop is set up again. As far as the LOC goes My Shaker 500 has subs in the door which each have amps powering them should I tap in to that or behind the head unit or like most people at the rear speakers? That's where I'm stuck never installed amp kit and sub to Factory head unit before.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us