New subs

Username: Schnoodles

Hammond, Wi

Post Number: 1
need help just bought 2 12" rockford fosgate dvc subs and i dont no what to get for an amp

Username: Schnoodles

Hammond, Wi

Post Number: 2
can anyone help me

Username: Bookeeper

Louisiana

Post Number: 2
hey jeff i could give you some advise what is the rms power handling for your sub not the peak power which will be the larger wattage handling for example these are the key things
1. wires you want to use good amp kit wires most powered systems use 4 guage wires and try to use 12 guage speaker wire bigger the lower the guage the bigger the copper so dont buy a cheap kit i heard earthquack 5000watt amp kit wires are the less alternative to to buying $200 kit as read in reviews they compare to the expensive amp kits for less the money i brought one. now if you have 3 or more amps or your total rms out put of all your amp combine is over say 3000 watts rms use a amp kit with 2 guage wire or simply buy a separate 2 guage wire to run from your battery to your power block.

Louisiana

Post Number: 3
2. alternator should be good and working fine if you have a standard 105 amp alternator with the wrong wattage and wires used you starve your amp or cars wattage to push your sound making things clip or blow or damaging your alternator i have a stock 105 alternator with a capacity or lightning cap some call them and never had problems with clipping now my battery always ran dead playing my music with the car not running for a long time so i did this im running two batteries and when i play my music without the car running i take one battery off the terminal if i have to jumpstart my suburban just connect my spare battery start the truck and let it recharge both batteries note my spare battery is not a audio battery is just to jump when my other battery goes dead

Louisiana

Post Number: 4
now about the alternator if my system robs my alternator from its full power i will buy a alternator with 140 or more amps usually they are the same price as the stock you just have to tell lets say the auto parts store you want more wattage in amps they make them with over 140 amps too but they cost more but if you have things set right you should not have these problems
i plan to get a same priced alternator in the future with more amps 140 amps to be safe i have a capacity cap or lightning cap already to help

Louisiana

Post Number: 5
now if your subs push say 400 watts rms not peak then with two subs thats 800 watts so you want a amp if you use a 2channel amp then have atmost 500 watts on each channel thats 1000 watts your speakers going to use 800 and each speaker has 100 watts to spare meaning good bass without distortion now im using a mono class d kenwood amp i have 900watts on 800watts rms so i have 50 watts to spare on each speaker you still got to look at the ohm load too 2ohm would need less watts to push what a 4 ohm load needs you have dual voice coil so you got more wiring setups you could use go to www.crutchfield.com they have a chart to look at to help you choose how you want to wired your speakers.

Louisiana

Post Number: 6
now you can email me at pap1110@hotmail.com and i could give you advise anytime but like i said the best thing to do about audio sound systems is to read and crutchfield has a learning center where you can get the best for bang for your buck by setting up your systen right and by knowing what crossover and all that 20- 38000hz etc stuff mean READING IS THE KEY because i paid two times to get a system installed by authorized installers like mobile one a total of $2499 FOR ONE INSTALL AND $1700 FOR ANOTHER FROM THEM and dig this i just brought this over the internet from www.millionsbuy.com

Louisiana

Post Number: 7
two kenwood kfc svc 4ohm subs 400 watts rms 1200 watts peak it came with a mono class d kenwood amp 1800 watt 900 watts at 1 ohm load that amp has a spare 100 watts to push these speaker which are rated the best speaker for the lowest price that hit hard like those $1000 subs

also four 6 1/2's kenwood 40 watts rms 240 peak thats thats 360 watts combined all four rms power on a two channel punch 3004 with the low pass and high pass built in crossover on the amp

dual 12 ported sub box encloser

3 sets of longer rca wires to run my three amps from the rear of my suburban
earthquake 5000 amp kit
got two free grilles all for $457 plus 92 for shipping

Louisiana

Post Number: 8
now my punch amp is from a previous install and the third amp comes when i get a new windsheild so whats next for me is getting a smaller 4 channel amp to push my four 6 1/2 and switching my rockford fostgate punch p3004 that i have on the 6 1/2s for now onto four 6x9s i will purchase from www.millionsbuy.com later because that amp pushed four 6x9 boston acoustic i had earlier hard like i had two 12s when i took my subs out and just ran the four 6x9 and just put a small but effienct amp on the 6 1/2 so again read dont let consumers do what they are to do make you buy things you dont need but thats their job later dude hope this could help and check out millionsbuy.com no prices cheaper than them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us