RX8 amp and subs

Username: Pnuttm6

Post Number: 1
I just turned 16 and have an RX8 I am looking into buying 2 12" kenwood 1200w 50-400rms speakers. can I hook up an amp to the factory head unit? if so what watt amp would I need? I'm on a $400 budget and the box cost $100 any suggestions? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 66
I would assume you could connect the amp to the stock head unit. Most decent amps have speaker level inputs which would allow you to connect directly to the speaker outputs. I'd need the model number Kenwoods that you're looking at before making an amp recommendation.

Post Number: 2
well there has been a change. My Uncle gave me a pair or Kicker Comps 10" and I am looking at a Autotek AT1500 2 channel amp so I will have enough when I buy new speakers. is this a good amp? do you think it will be too much?

Post Number: 3
The Autotek has high level inputs do you think that the line converter would be better? not sure which way to go.

Bronze Member
Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 68
Not familiar with Autotek amps, usually I'd stick to a brand I know to be reliable and good quality. Kicker comps are a good starter sub...had a couple Comp VR's myself a few years back...Kicker makes pretty decent amps if you wanted to match your system, just a thought...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us