HELP !!! kenwood amp problem ON and OFF

Username: Dannyboyncsu

Post Number: 1
I have a kenwood 1000 watt amp hooked up to two kenwood 12s. When listening to them turned up they will play for about a min. The the amp cuts off. A few seconds later about 30 it cuts back on and repeats the problem. My lights dim a little when the subs hit but thats it. The ground is good and the amp and subs are like new. I need all the help i can get. Do i need a better battery or is the amp Bad ?

Username: Cookie1978

Huddersfield, Yorkshire Uk

Post Number: 1
What size power wire are you running? Do u have a good ground wire, what i mean is it a good connection to bare metal?

Bronze Member
Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 61
This sounds almost like the amps protection circuit is kicking in...possibly too little amperage or voltage...once you fall out of an amps designed range "most" amps will shut off to protect themselves from damage (overload or underload).

I have to agree with Cookie here, start with the simple solutions first check you power/ground wires. The gauge of the wire is vital too, if the wire is too small you are starving the amp for power. Also are you running any other amps? if so what size? Is the amp somewhere it can't breath well?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us