3 Problems with Kicker Amp and Fi Subs

Username: Xaceofspades999x

Post Number: 1
So i recently bought a Kicker ZX 750.1 amp off of craigslist and bought 2 12" Fi X-Series from my friend in a custom ported down fire box. I hooked everything up using my 8 gauge kit i had from my last set of subs and everything is wired to 4 ohms...

Problem 1:
I noticed that when i play the subs at a certain volume (appx. 21-25) on my alpine deck then the subs stop hitting for a second and it sounds like my amp loses power but my friend and i watched the light on the amp and it says a constant green.

Problem 2:
I have another problem though it could be related that when i play my subs even at low volume i notice that the bass seems as if i were changing the volume up and down. So it hits hard for like a min and for about 15-30 sec after that it sounds as if i lowered the volume and then goes back up to sounding loud again.

Problem 3:
I was driving last night to a bar and so i had my volume down looking for a parking spot and noticed that when i hit a bump on the road the subs would hit for a sec. It sounded like a loud and quick popping sound. Like a quick hit of a note. I was so confused on what the problem was so i just used my kill switch to cut the power to stop the random hitting.

I checked all my wiring and the only thing is there is a small splice in my remote wire but i covered it with electrical tape but i don't think that could cause these problems from my knowledge. I do plan to replace the remote wire soon but just haven't had a chance since i've been working so much.

The remote wire is also wired to the fuse box in my car and so im wondering if this is the reason why it is doing this though my old subs and amp played off of it fine.

The box for the subs doesn't fit my car exactly where i want so im gonna get a new one or build one later but i have the amp laying on the ground so im just wondering if its possible that the vibrations from the subs hitting so hard is causing one or all of these problems.

If anyone has had this problem or knows what this might be or how to fix it please let me know bc this is getting really frustrating having all these problems and driving around. Thnx guys...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 5125
recheck your power, ground and rcas. And did you confirm it is wired to 4 ohms? If it is at 1 ohm, that amp is only stable to 2 ohms, and it would explain 1 and 2, three sounds like a short, or loss of power, if the rem is going in and out, then that thud may be the amp turning off and on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us