Archive through July 07, 2006

vasa
Unregistered guest
have a viper alarm, it got messed up wouldn't shut off. went to aspen sound and found out that I need new remote bought new remote now don't know how to program it. any help suggestion appreciated

kevind
Unregistered guest
What model number viper alarm do you have? What is the FCC ID stamped on the back of the remotes?

VASA
Unregistered guest
fcc id: EZSDEI475

Unregistered guest
I bought my sister's Accord which came with a viper 300, 2-button remote (red led), circa 1996. My problem is that I hate the fact that it has the passive arm function. Which automatically arms the system after 30 seconds. I'd really prefer to disable it and just manually arm when needed (it is garaged).

I was able to find the manual online, but it didn't say how to to disable this function, just that the technicians program this function if desired. Is there any way I can do this myself? It's driving the wife and I nuts.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 149
MarvinMan
http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N430V.pdf

start with page 18

VASA
they should all pretty much be the same to program.
open door, key on, press and release the valet switch 9x, then press and hold, the siren should beep 9 times. the press lock on both of your remotes. release the valet switch. key off. test
if it dosen't beep 9x,(does more) then turn the key off and back on and try again.

hope that helps

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
actually, any authorized viper retailer should beable to code them for you for free. you should be covered under viper warranty for that.
also if it's a decent shop they should have no problem with it.

entTaTee
Unregistered guest
I had a viper alarm installed about 7 years ago, but since then I have lost both remotes. I disconnected the ground wire on the horn so it doesn't sound and would just mess with the valet button in order to drive it. I have done this for about 2 years now, actually for a year I some how turned the alarm off and didn't have to mess with nothing. But I had a new battery installed 4 months ago and the alarm has been going crazy. It has been messing with my starter, I even had to buy a new starter and just installed it today. Anyways my question is this, is it possible that my alarms brains have gone bad, because it has never acted like this. I know the alarm is supposed to kill the starter, but sometimes I have to take of the positive cable on my battery and put it back on just to get my truck to crank. This problem usually happens if I keep it on Valet mode, but has happened when valet is off. so what should I do, a cheap fix!

Anonymous

I have a viper alarm system model 560XV in my chevy truck, which I purchased used. 20 minutes after I have set the alarm it goes off, the cause of this is the factory radio shutting down. How can this be fixed or bypassed?

Thank You

Unregistered guest
I just bought a 91 4runner that had a Rattler model 300 alarm system. I somehow turned it off with the remote. how do I reprogram the remote?

the FCC ID is: EZSDEI471

Unregistered guest
I have a viper 791xv and the remote just stopped working. i tried replacing the battery and still nothing is working. can anyone help me?

vmt
Unregistered guest
Got my oil changed yesterday. Don't know what the guy did but now my alarm doesn't work & the LED doesn't even light up. What happened?

heatherHH
Unregistered guest
I have a 3000gt that came with a viper system when i purchased it from a private seller, and the past few days the sensors havent been working (is my guess) like if the system is armed, and i kick a tire or hit the bumper, no sound is made. no sound is made when i arm and disarm either.. any suggestions as to what could be wrong with it and how i can fix it?
please email me if anyone has an answer
hovanitz.1@osu.edu THANK YOU!!

Unregistered guest
I have a 2002 Mazda Protoge 5 with a 300 series Viper. The remote got salt water inside it and will not function. The valet swith will not function either. Is there a way to disconnect the alarm from the ignition or reprogram it so the valet switch will fuction again?
Note: alarm has been going off randomly about 2x a week for the last 4 or 5 weeks. Could this be a sign of Bad Brains?

FCC ID on remote is: EZSDEI474V
aypsss@gmail.com Thanks.

kaytor
Unregistered guest
I'm having the exact same problem that Briansmith is having with the exact same system. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix it?

Username: Ktrader26

Hammond, Indiana Us

Post Number: 1
I have a viper alarm I dont know the model but my remotes arent turning it off and the batteries are good in them. We looked for the kill switch but couldnt find one, it was dark out though also. does anyone know where a kill switch would be on a 2002 eclipse? I cant get the car started!!!!!

Anonymous

I bought a 94 Honda Accord that has a Rattler 300 system,I do not have a remote and actually the system is not activated. But, i'm having problems cranking the car. It starts sometimes at random when I open the driver side door. Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Unregistered guest
I have the 791 XVR and a 2002 PT Cruiser and cant figure out how to program the remote i need help!!! please email me gabe@unknowndesigns.net thank you!

Chad Fremmerlid
Unregistered guest
I have a viper 500 alarm in my truck. It was working fine, but when I got my tires changed, they also tested my battery. Now I no longer hear the arming chirp and the siren doesn't go off. Only the lights flash. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Unregistered guest
I have a 92 Camaro. When I bought it there was a Viper alarm already installed with a keyless entry. The code on the back of the romote gives the FCC ID as EZSDE1467. I had my car in the shop last week to have the heater core replaced and of course they tore my dash all apart. Now my alarm does not work. It will not set the door locks either. The indicator light is not blinking as it is suppose to do when it is armed. It has juice going to it, but not coming away from it. I cannot find a wiring diagram. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
i just bought a 91 honda prelude it has the viper 800esp with the valet 551t remote start but niether one does a darn thing! both status LEDs are blank and my remote has a good battery, my shock sensor still turns red when bumped, any help to get it going WOULD ROCK!!

Anonymous

I just bought a 93 Explorer with a viper alarm system, I'm trying to figure out how to even use it. I don't know what model I have, does any one know how to find out? The number on the back of the remote is FCC ID:EZSDE1467

Username: Sigmachi

Post Number: 2
Sorry to kind of jump to another topic guys, but I am new at this and need help. I have a viper 791 xv on an Acura 98 TL. Right now, after changing the batteries and all, it cant get it to send signals to my car. I hit the unlock/lock button and it just beeps like it is out of range. I had to manually disable my alarm a few days ago via the vallet switch. What i guess i am asking for help on is how to reprogram my remote to send signals to my car. I am very electronically illeterate so I need MAJOR help. I would appreciate whatever you can do to help. You can email me at schnabel2183@hotmail.com or respond on here. Thanks alot.
Cory

Unregistered guest
My son has a 92 Tempo bought used with a viper alarm and valet 551t remote start. This is our first experience with this equipment. His battery died & he replaced it. Now he can't start the car because of this security system. It just beeps and disables the starter. We have no books or manuals. How can I disable this so he can use the car again

Barbr
Unregistered guest
Well its Tuesday and my son's 92 Tempo - Rust and topaz green is still sitting dead on the street. We pushed it back in the drive today. I had a sign on it "steal me if you can". No takers on a 160,000 92 Tempo. Frankly I'm shocked anyone would have bothered even when it was new. Anyway, I've let everyone I know that there is a new important question when buying a used car. Does it have a security system? If so - thats the deal breaker, because no matter what else is going on with the car, if the battery dies that is then end of a running car. Yes, I know, I can pay to tow this dumb thing to some dumb shop who installs these things and pay some ridiculous amount to get rid of it. I only wish the manufacturer of VIPER alarms could read this. There seems to be no real site to get help with the problem. Just pay, pay, pay. Wouldn't it be cheaper to just let someone steal it then collect the insurance money?

Unregistered guest
I bought an 1995 Toyota Camry and it came with a Viper Alarm EZSDE1485. I can't figure out how to program the remote, but I know the alarm is still on the car because the sensors are noticable and the doors lock automatically when you start the car and unlock when the car is turned off.

Dayron
Unregistered guest
The battery of my car was dead, after i turn it back on with my friend's car, my viper alarm does not want to work, i press the lock or unlock button, and it doesn't work, it wont let me turn on the car, somebody please help me, i dont know what happen to my alarm.

Unregistered guest
Help!!!! I bought a jetta which has a Viper alarm system installed. I have no remotes so I have been on vallet mode. The battery in the jetta died and when I try to charge it the alarm goes off. Please, if you have any information that I could use, I would be very greatfull.

Mike Ogle
Unregistered guest
Correct E-mail address is Jay-rose@comcast.net

Unregistered guest
I'm just trying to program a 4 button remote control.I think it's the 160XV model. Can anyone help please?

vadarmb
Unregistered guest
i have a vipe 160xv and the alarm just went crazy and the car won't start. any idea how to bypass this for now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
-Cherokee607123
i have access to alot of viper manuals and maybe able to get you infor to reprogram the remotes, but i'll need to know what model you have.

-Dayron
you also need to reprogram your remotes.
read what i said to Cherokee607123

-Salvatore Garofalo and vadarmb

here's the manual for your alarm, it explains how to re-code the remotes to your alarm.

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/viper/N562V_6-03.pdf

N trouble
Unregistered guest
please help... i just bought a 2002 sierra gmc truck with a viper system already installed. My remote for it works sometimes and not others. My car alarm sounds off whenever it feels like it or when i hit a bump while I'm driving. It also shuts the car off in the middle if traffic when I'm driving. I've taken it to the dealer they keep telling me to just get anew battery for the remote. I have gotten one and it still will not work. Please if anyone knows how to disarm please tell me before it causes a wreck. thanks.

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
1st thing, the alarm dosen't shut the car off. It just dosen't work that way. that is a seperate problem all in itself.

your best bet is to take it to an authorized Viper installer (not best Buy) and have them give it the once over to make sure everything is ok. It's possable the brain of the unit has a problem. if so they can send it out for repair.

N trouble
Unregistered guest
thanks for your advice. However, I took my car to a electrician shop who installs viper systems in town, turns out the viper system was shutting off my car when the alarm was sounding off while i was driving, it is part of the saftey system if your car gets stolen. The system was initially put/wired into the car wrong so i just had him remove it, my life isn't worth a faulty system. Thanks a bunch for your advice.

Username: Psycoj

Joliet, Il U.s

just out of curiousity did you see if your car needed an immobilezer to bypass the security in your sirra N trouble

N trouble
Unregistered guest
Juan, I have no ideal what that is but no. I just told the electrician to take it out. do you think that would have helped. I'm thinking about getting a newer version.

Unregistered guest
Hello, I have a viper alarm and the remote is old. It is a RPN 471T with an FCC ID of EZSDE1471. I need to program a new one. Can anyone post the instructions?

Unregistered guest
I have a viper alarm 671xv which for some reason is set and the remote will not unlock. by pushing the lock or unlock buttons nothing happens. I managed to use the valet to turn the alarm off so i could start vehicle, how do i re-program the alarm

Unregistered guest
I have a 791vx and recently it no longer sounds on remote or vibrates when alarm is activated. this feature use to work. I guess you would call it the responder feature. All other features work RS, Doorlocks lock and unlock etc.. just the paging when alarm activated.... Thanks
acruz@knology.net with any help

Unregistered guest
I have a 1995 Honda Accord, and we have just installed the Viper 160xv. Everything seems to work, except the power door locks will not activate from the remote. The horn and lights function when trying to unlock/lock the doors, but the doors won't work. We have located the car's lock/unlock wires, but no matter which wires from the Viper that we hook up, still it won't work. There are five wires coming from the door unlock relay. Which should we use? Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member

Nudi$t Colony, Woo Hoo

Post Number: 253
wiring diagrams can be found at www.bulldogsecurity.com for the umpte-thousandth time. look there and it will tell you all you need to know

sqwedg
Unregistered guest
Yes, we had the diagram when we installed the unit, and we have located the wires on the car. The lock and unlock both activate when probing these wires with a wire hooked to ground. There are five wires on the Viper unit; and the instructions don't tell which ones to use (obviously all five couldn't be used!) We tried every combination possible, and nothing worked. When pressing the remote, we can hear the relay in the Viper 160xv door lock/unlock module clicking, but can measure no output on any of the wires. I hope all this makes sense and someone can help us. Thanks so much!

Unregistered guest
Have an older 'from 2000' model viper alarm w/ remote start. Ever since i got a replacement remote i couldnt figure out how to program the remote start to work. I did find one of the original remotes too. its a ezsdei475. any help?

KenTDH18
Unregistered guest
My VIPER alarm doesnt respond to my remote, it beeps like it is out of range. I cant start my car because of it. My car was sitting still for one month while I was on vacation but the radio, lights, and alarm all work so the battery isnt dead. How can I fix this problem?

Unregistered guest
Re: 95 Accord - doorlocks

The car wires should be BLACK WITH A WHITE STRIPE for lock, and ORANGE for unlock. Be sure they test before conencting to them.

Are your 5 wires green, blue, white, brown, and purple? If yes:
There should just be a small 3-pin plug with 2 wires coming out of it (blue and green) as part of the remote start package. Use that instead of the little box with the connector to the unit. (That little box is a 451M)
The blue will be unlock and the green will be lock.
They can be changed from a negative pulse (which is what your vehicle needs, and is also the default) to a positive one.
It may either be a jumper, programmed, or having a different wired tied to either 12v or Gnd. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, it's not a model we carry anymore and I don't have the installation guide for it. But, if you haven't changed any of those things, then don't worry about it.

Also, if you've lost that other piece or it was missing (It's just a tiny cream colored plug with two thin wires coming out of it), you can use the 451M, just connect the purple wire to ground and use blue as your unlock, green as your lock, and chop the other 2.

Unregistered guest
It would figure, right after my post, I find a manual for the 160XV.

On this model, simply reversing the blue & green wires would work for vehicles with a positive triggered locking. But you don't need to worry about this.

Also, since this is an "older" car, I recommend running the tach wire, you can use voltage if you want, but tach is more reliable.

Trying2BHelpful
Unregistered guest
Ken - It sounds like the battery in your remote may be going. Try a new battery in it and see if that helps. If not, it may have lost it's programming.

JL
Unregistered guest
Hey everyone, I have an EZSDEI475 system on a Toyota Camry and it has BOTH a cutoff switch and button. The vehicle also has a factory Toyota system.
My problem: When the car gets cold and I attempt to remote start it, it will not crank enough. Like on all cars, if the start up time on a warm engine is 1.2 seconds, on a cold car it may be anywhere from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. It has something to do with anti-grind. I just need to know how to adjust the anti-grind so that it realizes that it needs to hold down the starter just a little longer until it turns over.

On a starting try, it will start and if the turnover doesn't occur, it will stop and then retry 2 more times and if that doesn't work, it will cut off but the lights will remain on (also need to know how to shut the lights off remotely).

Another thing, on a remote start, the clock and radio will not get power while remote started whereas the windshield wipers, heat, and windows WILL work.
Please advise.
Thank you

Unregistered guest
Actually, it has nothing to do with anti-grind. Anti-grind simply prevents the starter from grinding when you put the key in and turn it too far after remote starting.
There's a setting through the programming called "crank time".

Do you know the model of the remote start? IE: Python, Valet, Viper, etc? I couldn't find any DEI products in my system that are "475"s.

It's usually option 5.

Also, it seems as though someone didn't hook up the second accessory wire from the remote start to the car. In some vehicles this connection isn't needed to perform the starting. If you give me the year of your car, I can tell you which wire it is.

-Dave

Unregistered guest
And that cutoff switch, is a neutral safety switch. Switching it to the "off" position will disable the remote start features.

The button is what you use to enter the menus, put the system in valet mode, etc. Don't mess with it unless you know what you're doing.

If you have anti-grind, it's probably a higher-end model, which means it's probably menu 2, option 5.

j0n
Unregistered guest
I just bought another remote for my car. It's a FCC ID: EZSDEI467 , but I don't know how to program it. Can anyone help me out here? I only have one functional remote and I don't know how much longer it's going to last. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance.

Username: Pausa

Glasgow, Scotland Scotland

Can anyone help i have a viper alarm on my car which was bypassed manually as i was awaiting new remote now i dont have a clue how to connect it again.... tried taking it to a car electrical place and they did not have a clue???

Unregistered guest
j0n: What model Viper system is in your car? Please give me the name, instead of the FCC ID. Thx.

Pauline: That's a tough one. They could have put the alarm in Valet mode, or they could have just cut power to it, or they could have just unplugged the main harness. Is your LED (the tiny alarm light) lit constantly, or do you never see it lit? If the unit was installed well, finding it to reconnect it should be a very difficult task. It depends on how well the wires and brain were hidden.

j0n
Unregistered guest
honestly im not sure what model the system is. i bought my car with the alarm already installed. but i do have a picture of it if it helps at all.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/j0nathanL3e/Random%20Shizzle/viperalarm2.j pg

the led is off constantly even when i press the "black button" nothing happens sdpoke with viper and they told me how to reset it then realised it had be manually bypassed i can see some wire near the led and it looks like black tape around some of the wires???? the model on back of phobe is FCC ID:EZSDE1487

Oodlez
Unregistered guest
I have a Python 476P remote for a 1991 Honda Accord. I don't know how to program it. The FCC ID is EZSDEI475. Can someone plese give me instructions on how to program it?

Unregistered guest
j0n- A lot of Viper alarms use the same remotes. If you can find a site that can get you the model name & number of the unit itself based off the FCC ID on the box or something, I can be more help.

Pauline- It's common practice to wrap black tape around all the wires when installing an alarm. This helps to disguise the alarm to look more like factory wires, thus making it harder for a thief to bypass.

Try this: Put the key in the ignition. Turn it to the 'on' position, but not so far that it starts, then within 5 seconds push and hold the black button, and keep your eye on the LED. If it blinks, you shouldn't have to worry about any wire connections. Then release the button.

You can also try taking it to your local Circuit City or Best Buy. Explain that it was installed for you as a gift, so you're not exactly sure where it was installed, but you think it was there. Your best bet is to find a time when they're not busy. It also won't hurt if the manager is in a good mood, so be real nice, and if they have the time, they'll usually at least take a look under the dash for you.

BTW- The model you have is one their better ones.

Oodlez- If you can get me the model name & number of the actual unit I can tell you how to program it.

Wish I could be more help, evryone.

Unregistered guest
j0n- A lot of Viper alarms use the same remotes. If you can find a site that can get you the model name & number of the unit itself based off the FCC ID on the box or something, I can be more help.

Pauline- It's common practice to wrap black tape around all the wires when installing an alarm. This helps to disguise the alarm to look more like factory wires, thus making it harder for a thief to bypass.

Try this: Put the key in the ignition. Turn it to the 'on' position, but not so far that it starts, then turn it back and remove it, then within 5 seconds push and hold the black button, and keep your eye on the LED. If it blinks, you shouldn't have to worry about any wire connections. Then release the button.

You can also try taking it to your local Circuit City or Best Buy. Explain that it was installed for you as a gift, so you're not exactly sure where it was installed, but you think it was there. Your best bet is to find a time when they're not busy. It also won't hurt if the manager is in a good mood, so be real nice, and if they have the time, they'll usually at least take a look under the dash for you.

BTW- The model you have is one their better ones.

Oodlez- If you can get me the model name & number of the actual unit I can tell you how to program it.

Wish I could be more help, evryone.

Username: Alybre

I have a Viper 478 VP/C that is not working. When I push any button all I get is 3 beeps and an ant. with tx appears in the upper lft. corner of display. When I put a fresh battery in it the sensors appear and makes sounds like it always did but does nothing else. It does show that my car is unlocked. Any help?

Username: Alybre

Sorry- My remote beeps 4 times and it shows that doors are unlocked but they aren't.

j0n
Unregistered guest
Alright I finally figured out the model. It's a 492T. I hope this is enough for you to work with. Thanks in advance

Unregistered guest
ok, j0n, I think I got it. That's the remote model number, not the actual unit, but try these steps and see if it works.

Step 1: Open a door. (a car door... your car ;) )
Step 2: Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "Run" position.
Step 3: Push & release the program button (the black button in your car - usually located under dash or driver's kick panel) once and then release.
Step 4: Push & hold the program button in (keep holding).
(Unit -should- chirp once)
Step 5: Press and release a button on your remote (this button will be your arm/disarm button)
Step 6: Release the program button.
Step 7: Press & Release the program button.
Step 8: Press & Hold the program button (do not release).
(unit should chirp twice)
Step 9: Press button2 (or the other button) on your remote.
Step 10: Release program button.
Step 11: Turn key off.
(Unit should emit a long chirp to confirm)

Let me know how it works.

-Dave

P.S. You can make Button 1 arm/disarm or button 2, just press the other button in Step 9.

P.P.S. Taking too long between steps will cause the unti to exit learn routine.

JL reply
Unregistered guest
AutoDave,
My Camry is an '03 LE without auto lights. What I'm able to do is leave the headlights or high beams on and then they will shut off when I press lock on the factory remote twice, not the DEI remote. Is there a way to get it to do this? Also, when I press lock and unlock the lights do not flash??
I don't know the model of the system, I just know that the fcc id # is EZSDEI475 if that helps.
Is there a way to get a manual of all the different programming functions possible?

Am I able to elimate the DEI remote altogether and just setup the factory remote so that it works in tandem with the DEI system? A client of mine had a system in an '02 Yukon where he would press lock twice on the factory gm remote and it would remote start the truck via an aftermarket system, is there a way to do this on mine?

Username: Sportybabe

Woodinville, WA USA

Someone please help me figure out what is wrong with my Viper 791xv alarm all of the sudden the screen on the transmitter stopped showing what my car was doing but the car still did what i said. For example i will unlock my car and it will unlock but it will show it as locked. And the transmitter beeps six times...can anyone please help me with this problem!?

Post Number: 3
AutoDave i have had a little bit luck i have got the led on now think my remote needs programme as it aint responding can u help???? cant take it to anywhere in the us as im in scotland lol thanks for the previous help m8

faithmm
Unregistered guest
I have a viper 791xv that will not disable. I do not know what happened, I went to work for eight hours and then tried to start my vehicle from my remote and it kept telling me that it was out of range, then I tried to unlock and disarm my vehicle and it still beeps that it is out of range. I have tried the valet button, but I must be using it wrong or something because after pressing the button nothing happens, except the alarm goes off and my vehicle's kill switch is activated. I do not remember discussing the valet mode with my installer though. HELP, my vehicle is stuck in a parking lot and is completely disabled. I have gone on line with viper, but all that is is them trying to sell me something.

Unregistered guest
JL,
There should be a way to set up the DEI remotes to shut off the lights, but it may require running another wire & some programming.
I'll look into getting the factory remotes to work with the DEI product - I haven't done much of that myself.
Do any lights respond to your remote? If not, either the wire wasn't hooked up from the unit to the car, or the inline fuse for the parking light wire needs to be replaced.
Unfortunately, without the actual model or FCC ID of the unit (not the remote) I can't get a list of programming options for you.

Pauline:
Just drive on over to NY and I'll fix it. Just remember to keep your windows rolled up during the drive and don't forget to take a left at the giant squid.
The LED is solid now, correct? This means the unit is in Valet mode. To get out of it, turn the key to the "on" position then back off, and just press the black button in the car again.
You can then program the remote, use the process I outlined to j0n in my 1.26 post, but go straight to Step 11 after Step 6 (and you can use any button on the remote and it will learn the default configuration).

Unregistered guest
faithmm,
You can get into Valet mode the same way you get out of it (see my last post). Turn key on. Turn key off. Push button. LED will go on if entering Valet mode, and go out if exiting Valet mode.
You can also use the instructions for Pauline for programming the remote. (it sounds like your remote may have lost it's programming)

Chelsea,
It sounds like your transmitter may have taken a crap. You can try reprogramming it, but I'm not sure that will help.

Username: Sportybabe

Woodinville, WA USA

AutoDave-
thanks for the help iam taking it to best buy either tomorrow or saturday...this sucks cause i just bought it like 3 months ago and havent gotten it wet or dropped so ill be pissed if it doesnt work anymore

JL reply
Unregistered guest
AutoDave,
I'll look for an fcc unit id. I'm guessing that its probably on the 'brain' of the system which I'm also guessing is probably somewhere under the dash.
The way the setup is now, I don't have auto lights on the Camry but if I leave the lights on and press lock on the factory remote, the lights will shut off - not the case with the DEI remote. Upon a remote start, those lights that were left on will then turn back on.
But if you could find a way to have the factory remote control the DEI system, that would be phenominal. This setup would have to modify the factory remote so that it would lock and unlock the vehicle while the ignition is on.
I will reply back as soon as I find the unit id.
Thanks AutoDave.
JL

Anonymous

i have a 1500 hp civic si. any one wanna race? im up to it!!! for pinks too

Dave552
Unregistered guest
Hey autodave, I just realized that I bought my used car with a valet 552T which is similar to the viper I guess. So I just bought a 471T remote from ebay b/c the date code is 9J. I tried to program it using your instructions but I get no chirps or anything. I just put in a switch on the blue terminals too.

Dave552
Unregistered guest
Hey autodave, I just realized that I bought my used car with a valet 552T which is similar to the viper I guess. So I just bought a 471T remote from ebay b/c the date code is 9J. I tried to program it using your instructions but I get no chirps or anything. I just put in a switch on the blue terminals too.

Anonymous

I have a 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix I lost my remote and now i am unable to start my car as the alarm system is activated and i cannot disarm it. Is there a shutoff switch somewhere in the car to disarm the alarm system. Please help as my car has been parked for 2 weeks

JL reply
Unregistered guest
Anonymous, like most alarms, assuming that it is a normal alarm, there should be a cutoff switch or button somewhere under the dashboard on the driver's side. Once the alarm is ringing, turn the key to the on position and then press the button or flick the switch-which ever you have.
Autodave,
Any info on getting the Toyota remote to control the remote start? Still working on getting that model number off of the box.

Mustang-5-0
Unregistered guest
i have a viper alarm model 800 that does not respond to my remote (which has a good battery), yet sometimes the starter-kill prevents me from starting the car... I have a valet switch (not a pushbutton), and an LED light. I also have a random black wire coming from the brain of the alarm that I found hidden under the dash and have no idea what it is for.
Does anyone know why the remote is not working, and how I can get it to control the alarm/doorlocks again? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I bought a 1995 jetta used and it has an alarm installed but unhooked. I am not sure what type it is but the brain has an fcc id on it. EZSDEI4530-A it says its a directed electronics there is a white sticker that has ok/5A on it and a white sticker that has 330381A on it. Can someone tell me what kind of alarm it is and if I can get a replacement remote for it??

Username: Novice73

have a viper 560 xv... i accidentally set the permanent silent mode on (don't know how)... how do i deactivate this feature (not in the manual) ... also want to know how to program the unit for passive arming ... thanks

Jero
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

Just letting you know that I followed Ps1k0's instructions and they worked a treat. However, with mine, I only required 7 presses of the valet (+ the 8th press-and-hold).

So if 9 presses doesn't work, try a different number of presses :-)

Thanks a bunch for your help, Ps1k0.

Username: Carcrzyqt

Fort Washington, MD USa

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse my ex-boyfriend lost the only remote I had for my viper alarm. It has an ignition cut off and the battery died when I try to jump the battery the alarm goes off. I need to know how I can turn it off til I can get a new remote made. Any ideas?

Username: Boutinma

I have an old Viper 800HF, my remote quit and I got a new one (476T FC: EZSDEI475) but it didn't come with instructions for programming it to the car.

Could anyone help me? Thanks! (loci@hotmail.com)

Username: Schroerj

I have a viper 560xv that was in my 02 Buick LeSabre when it was purchased used... Haven't had any probs with it for 4 months, but my sister borrowed the car the other night and I guess her boyfriend tried to open the door right after she armed the alarm (she claims that's when the led came on and stayed on)... now the LED is on constantly and the alarm doesn't arm. The locks still work, panic still works, remote start still works. I don't know where the valet/program/disable switches are since the system was already installed when I bought the car. I've felt around everywhere to see if i could find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -Jay

Username: Rhinoh22

Clovis, CA

Hey Ps1k0,
My 350HV wont respond to the remotes, used your, key on, valet 9x trick. It beeped 9 times after holding button, then siren wailed for a sec after I turned the key off. It still wouldnt respond.
My original problem was this:
The remotes just stopped working, changed the battery and they still didnt work. Got off work and they started working for a day or 2. Stopped for a day, then today, worked once. (lock/unlock) now I cant get it to respond to the remotes. Help! How do I find a authorized Viper dealer in my area?
Thanx in advance.

Username: Alkh3m15t

I have the Viper 791xv, FCC ID:EZSDEI478. About a week ago, my car alarm lights wouldn't blink when I arm and disarm but it still works. Could it be the fuse or something? Although, when the alarm does go off, the lights blink. And my remote is also acting funny. When the alarm goes off, it'll show the icon of the horn instead of paging me with the beep like it used to. Can anyone help me out with getting the lights to blink again and the paging to beep. Is it on a silent mode or something, how can I return it to default settings? Thanks. alkh3m15t@yahoo.com

Username: Rantz

Does anyone know some information on the symbols that appear on the screen. Mine has 3 vertical wave marks little under the bottom of the car on the screen. and i cannot figure out why or what this means.

Username: Godofdeth2002

need to know if i can pull the wires to the alarm and the car still run?

Username: Rantz

yes if you unhook the brain the car will run

Username: Dice231

I need some help with finding the manual for FCC ID: EZDEI471 ... if anyone can help that would be great

Username: Mish

I have a viper 791XV i have the installation guide but i am looking for the other guide that came with it i seem to have lost mine. Does anyone know where i would be able to get one from?

Username: Ellynsker

Ok, so i have this viper alarm on my vet and its an older alarm i need programing codes for the remote so the alarm wont go haywire! Can someone help me?. this is the code on the back.
FCC ID:EZSDEI494

Username: Miker1701

I have a black four button remote which has lost its code. The remote has four buttons labelled I,II,III and IV. I do not know what system I have other than it is a Viper. Can you help?
Thanks, MikeR1701

Username: Bunniesrsick

hows it going to you all . i bougt a car not to long ago that has a viper 600. the alarm works but i cant arm it. if i holl the button on the remote the alarm will go off and if i press it again it will disarm. does any one have a maual for a viper 600 or can some one help me solve this problem. i think that the remote just needs to be reprogamed, i have no idea how to do this. thanks

Username: Lantz320

Need help, the car won't start.
I had a battery installed in our recently inherited Honda Accord. A new battery was also put in the remote control. The kill switch in the car is broken. Is there a code that can be input in order to start the car? Thanks Symba

Username: Lantz320

Sorry, it is a Viper
Alarm SYSTEM this is inscribed on the back of the remote: 68 billion codes 800-274-0200, DEI 333.634 FCC# EZ8DE1491. Thanks Symba

Username: Zcruiser

NC

Autodave - I looked in here because I'm having problems with a 350HV, but after reading your posts I think I'll be able to fix it and be happy again.

So.... THANKS!

z

Username: Mindyurownbusnis

i have a viper 791xv alarm. i had it installed a month or so ago. I just had to replace my car battery and now when i use the remote start to strt the vehicle it cranks up but then immediately dies, but i can start my car with the key. Also the transmitter screen does not show the correct actions, i can send a signal to unlock my car, and the doors will unlock but the screen still shows a lock. any suggestions?

Username: Sheba1985

I have a Viper 160XV installed in a 2004 Honda Odyssey. The range of the remote start used to be fantastic. Now it only starts if I am standing right next to the car. I replaced the battery in the remote and the range is still very poor. Is there a battery in the unit that needs to be replaced? Or, is there some other problem. Thanks for your help!!

Username: Stormadj1

Autodave- I bought a tahoe the other day, and it has a functioning alarm, problem is I only have one remote and I have no idea what this thing is or where it was purchased. The FCC ID is QNMSK1027. What is this thing and where can I get information on it?

Username: Ricanjaydakiss

Eatontown, New jersey Usa

I have a problem, i bought a viper 791xv, and installed it myself(not really, my friend did it), and i have on little issue, i lost the wiring harness for the starter kill and door lock, dont ask me how, but i did, it was a small harness, maybe 3 or 4 wires out of it. i need help finding out how i can get a hold of this harness, i really dont wanna go through dei cause i wanna register it, and yes i know a way to register it without getting it professionally installed and still be warrantied. thank you in advance whoever can help me

Username: Sandy79

I AM SURE YOU HAVE ANSWERED THIS QUESTION BEFORE BUT I NEED HELP I WANT TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE MY LIGHTS FLASH WHEN TURNING ON OR OFF THE ALARM I'VE DONE IT BEFORE BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us