So Confused

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 24
Ok after reading review after review

Im stuck between 3

JL 12W6 (had it loved it was stolen should i go there again, bit expensive)

Elemental Designs 13Ov.3 (Cheap, good SQ/SQL)

Image Dynamics (Best SQ, im afraid if its not SQL enough)

I'm pretty sure from these 3 you'll see its an SQ setup. What do you guys recommend? Is there one that im missing? If there is another choice please give me a good justification so i done get more confused please lol. Sealed box 500watts rms, 1 sub might consider 2 not sure (obviously 1000w rms if i go with 2) Needs to play clear loud and will be tuned for minimal distortion. Please help me decide.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5465
If you are talking about the IDMAX, it will crush those others. And everyone here needs to stop using the term SQL, it is retarded.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
1) Ya im talking the idmax

2) I knew iw as going to get flamed for "using the term SQL" forgive me studying for finals and reading reviews all week has affected my better judgement

3) thank you for you quick response and input

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2195
ok guys what is the difference between sql and sq?
anything?
i vote idmax by the way. i have never owned one but i have been told good things if that counts

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5466
Go with the IDMAX. And I wasn't flaming you, just everyone else that uses that stupid term here.

dBlk, SQL is a retarded term some moron made up on a forum called eca.com in 2000. Then everyone started saying it. And due to the fact that probably 90% of the people here deal in hearsay, they pick up terms like that and run with it.

Think about it.... SQ stands for Sound Quality and SPL stands for Sound Pressure Level, so SQL stands for Sound Quality Level, or as some people like to think of it, Sound Quality Loudness. Either way, it is stupid and way overused. There are only two classes: SQ and SPL. If you to have SQ speakers that happen to get loud, then you still have an SQ system.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
In reality SQL doesnt exist where as SQ does, I know that but its just its easier for people to say sql to mean rumbly, or resonant yet still sound clear with no distortion

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 672
Atomic Manhattan

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
K no limit, y?

Silver Member
Username: Mmaudioconcepts

Post Number: 673
First, the price should be lower than the others
. It has excellent sound quality and is backed with a great warranty that even covers burnt coils. The maker of this sub , Atomic, also makes the products for one of the brands in your top picks. I can really disclose that information online though. The sub also looks great. The pictures online dont give it justice at all.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15726
i own a 12" idmax which i have in a sealed box powered off a alpine pdx

most ppl dont believe from its output thats its in a sealed box since u get plenty bass

if u port it its insane but for SQ use id rec sealed

cheaper than JL & u get more for ur $ ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
IDMax it s than thank you guys for making it an easier choice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us