Componets can the speaker just be replaced?

Username: Gav

Post Number: 4
I have some jl audio evolution xr 570 cx componets speakers however one has decided to die. can just the speaker be replaced or do i need to buy a whole new set inc cross overs?

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 22
you can just replace the speacer but it might be difficult to find. You can change the component with a different one if you cant find the same one but you should check the ratings on your x-over and make sure it matches the speaker but if you replace one you need to replace them on both sides

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
But components come with a crossover anyways dont they? how come both need to be replaced? and if so any ideas where i could get two from? I didnt want to get complete new set because the crossovers and speakers are pretty decent

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
If you by a component set yes they do come together, but most companies who sell mid to high range component sets sell the individual components seperately, you can even upgrade. For example i had a alpine type x three way component set, the mid range was replaced with a focal to improve the midrange sound.

You can check on ebay, sometimes its actually cheaper to buy the set.

You have the xr series which are pretty components so best thing to do is check with a company that sells jl and try to get the the piece that broke,.

If you stay with the xr's you only need one, but if you decided to change brand for the midbass you have to change both so that your sound stays equal on both sides.

Worse comes to worse contact JL directly if there are no dealers who can get you the midbass, they should be able to send you 1.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Oh right brilliant. The audio guy who did my wiring said its gone and i need new ones but he was prob trying to get more money out of me. I shall have a look around and see if anyone can sell me an xr component. brilliant cheers

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
No luck. Do you know of any companies who may be able to provide the single component?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Focal, Morel, Image Dynamics, jl has an 8inch, kicker i think also, DId you try jl directly?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us