Konaki motor dd 9500 softparts

Gold Member
Username: Mendonmafia

USA

Post Number: 1861
Anyone made a custom sub like this?

I just bought a konaki motor and am about to buy a dd basket and 9512 soft parts.

Im curious as to how this will preform compared to a regular 9512.

From what ive heard the only difference is the fact that the dd has more cooling which makes me think that the konaki probably has more metal in the gap hence a higher motor force.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1862
Anyone at least got any info on the konaki motor vs the 9500 motor?

I heard its just cooling but what about the gap height and width?

Anything else that will effect parameters?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2872
Are you buying the dd softparts from an individual?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15720
how much will it cost u vs buying a new dd9500 ? ....

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1988
ill sell you my 9515G with dual 1 coils

$300 plus shipping

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1863
donnie, I already have all the parts just need to assemble it.

Rovin its costing me $250 shipped for the konaki motor and all the other parts which are 9500g parts. New dd9512's cost much more. I could have gotten a 9500 f motor for 170ish. the konaki was $100.

Daniel, no but thanks, thats a good deal tho but if i could fit a 15 i would be using my bnib btl that i cant sell for the life of me even for under $400 shipped.

So can anyone tell me the differences between the 9500 motor and the Konaki?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10803
Ones made by a top notch american company and the others from some p.o.s. outfit in korea or somewhere haha

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3217

quote:

Ones made by a top notch american company and the others from some p.o.s. outfit in korea or somewhere haha

This. The Konaki products I have seen are built soooo cheap. Your sub will perform nothing like a 9500.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1866
I got a hold of a guy on ca.com who ran the same sub i plan to build and he said it sounded like his regular 9500 (curious?) But he couldnt tell me any differences between the 9500 and konaki motors.

Jewbug, exactly why do you think it will not perform? What differences in the motor structure will cause this?

This woofer will have ALL DD parts except for the motor which is a konaki. o and the bolts holding the basket down lol, ill probably get those at my local hardware store.

does anyone know what the DIFFERENCES IN THE MOTORS ARE, 9500 vs konaki. for example slug dia, slug thickness, top and bottom plate thickness, gap height, and gap width.

If the motors are the same (which i know they are not, i just dont know the differences) i dont see why one would perform differently than other.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 3218

quote:

Jewbug, exactly why do you think it will not perform? What differences in the motor structure will cause this?

There different quality steel in the top plate and the actual motor itself. The motor structure may look the same as a 9500 on the outside, but I'm pretty sure it is extremely different on the inside.

You can put a nice bodykit and a turbo on an Alero, but in the end, it is still an Alero...errr wait

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2873
I've heard very good things about the Konaki motors. Ask Team PSI on ca.com (David)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15724
so whats a bnib dd9512 G series go for ? ....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1867
Jewburg thanks for the clarification.

Donnie thanks for the reference.

rovin, around 600 shipped maybe. I know used they go for around 450 shipped so that would be a reasonable guess i think.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1868
Quoted from David at team psi

"The difference is in the Pole OD and Top Plate ID.

The Konaki has a larger gap, therefore it has a lower gauss number in the gap. That's not such a bad thing though, as it can accept an 8 layer flatwound coil. It's sort of a trade-off. You get a coil that will handle more power, but takes more power to get the same end result.

The Konaki has pretty much the same cooling slots as the 9500 motor.

If I had a choice between the two, I'd take the Konaki.

The DD motor isnt made in the USA either BTW. "

I thought the 9500 had a 8 layer flatwind but i must have been mistaken. i guess getting dd recone parts wasnt the best idea in the world.

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1895
ill sell ya a freshly reconed DD9512F for 350ish shipped???

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 1869
^^^ damn thats a really good price. to bad i dont have any funds.

Heres some more info from a reliable source.

Quote from Toxic Tuan on ca:
"The DD motor is way stronger than the konaki motor. With Gauss numbers are oftenn 1000-2000 higher than others. With a higher motor strength, the subwoofer can be both louder and have a better response. Many subwoofer companies underestimate motor strength as being one of the dominant factor for a low transient response aka accuracy.

Think of it like this: they took a DD motor to copy and to have made cheaper and we get a konaki motor. Mass production price over quality and it's a better route for most companies with higher margins. There is a difference especially proven with SPL and even SQ competitions. However, for the vast majority...many will not care for the difference.

Tuan"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us