Need your thoughts please!!!

Username: Vegassoundjunkie

Las Vegas, Nevada United States

Post Number: 3
Ok, here is the deal. I had 2 JL 10w0's in a sealed box pushed by a lightning audio 400x2 amp. I had them wired in parrallel and the amp bridged and everything sounded pretty good. I just built a new downfire box for them to go in my ford crew cab and got a new amp, this one is a 600x2. I wired them the same way, in parallel and bridged the amp. Problem is I have to turn down the amp almost all the way to not fry the speakers and it doesn;t sound as good as before in my opinion. Should I change it and wired them in series and to their own channel on the amp? Any help or thoughts?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2866
What ohm are the voice coils on the subs? whats the specific amp(s)?

Username: Vegassoundjunkie

Las Vegas, Nevada United States

Post Number: 4
they are 8 ohm so the ohm load is at 4 right now. The amp is a Strike by Lightning audio. This was an insurance deal from my truck being broke into, so I couldn't get anything different, so this is what I have to work with. I also got a new head unit, Eclipse 5030 and it is a decent deck, but the sound adjustments are not very moron friendly. no bass, treble, mid settings, this unit has a parametric eq and a x-over setting. I have no clue what I am doing with that stuf, so right now the x-over is set flat and the eq is an a factory preset.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us