AQ vs Fi

Bronze Member
Username: Redjayy

Post Number: 28
What do you guys think? Fi BL 15" vs AudioQue HDC3 15"? On an AudioQue 1200d. I want the best SPL, are they gonna be pretty tight or is AQ the frontrunner?

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2173
ummm this is a hard one to ask.
do u know what ur car resinates at?
ill put them on winisd and see what it says. but it prolly wont tell u much.
by looking at the qms and qes i would say the BL.. the BL has a higher bl also. with that much power i would prolly say the BL..... but it depends on the box so so much more. the AQ has a higher fs which could get u better numbers for sure. if ur going to comps i would get the AQ because u can put way way more power to it. but if its to listen too and sound loud daily... as much as i love AQ i think the BL would have a little of on edge.

the BL would prolly be louder with that much power

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2174
Upload
the green is the AQ and the red is the FI

i dont know everything, i figured the BL would be louder but this says the hdc3 is.
this is in boxes with 4cuft tuned to 38hz on this graph

maybe some one that knows more than me will give u some kind of fact about one being better than the other.

i have owned a BL and got to mess with a lot of AQ subs. i really think the AQ is best for ur money. do u ever think u will get a bigger amp at all?

sorry if im not any help

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
No, your definitely a huge help. I am stuck between the two. One reason I really want to go AQ is because my friend is getting a BL and that way we'll be able to see which is better. The only reason I was hesitant was because I had read somewhere that AudioQue didn't quite hit the lows, but since you have some experience with them, maybe you can tell me other wise. And I dont know if I'll ever go anybigger. Probably in a year or two I'll do some electrical upgrades.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

COD4 Addict

Post Number: 2982
they hit the lows don't worry. get the AQ. its built like a tank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
alright guys, am I going with copper coils or aluminum? I think aluminum.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12896
if you want to apply more power than the 1000 then id go alum. but if not go copper

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2175
the BL will play the lows better... but for spl it doesn't matter.

the copper coils will be louder than the aluminum with 1000 watts. but the aluminum can handle so much power!
now what i have seen that is really weird and never made sense but the aluminum coil subs seem to have a lot more through than the copper coils with the same amount of power

have u looked into getting a pair of 12 sdc2.5s?
if u want spl only u could go with a single sdc2.5 15 and it will do great with that much power for burps.... it will hold up to 1k daily to if u dont' clip all the time

this is the same box with an sdc2.5, fi BL, and the HDC3 all 15s
Upload
the SDC2.5 is the blue

now if u put all three subs in the same box im pretty sure the SDC2.5 wouldn't really be 5db louder like this shows but i do think that getting enough power to a sub to make it play at its potental is important.
if u want something for spl only i would get the sdc2.5 15or an re audio SEx 15
if u want daily u could always look at getting a pair of sdc2.5 12s.. what ever u end up doing u will get a good product from AQ. what they sell is worth the money

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
So you think that the 2 SDC.5's will be louder than a single HDC3? What about the size of box? Will that double?

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 286
yeah they should be noticeably louder, depending on the enclosure. and you will just about double the enclosure size, yes..

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2177
i think a single sdc2.5 would be louder than a single hdc3 in the same box on ur hit note. which if ur spl only that is what u want.
a pair of 12s or a single 15 its really up to u.
but if u want to rock out and listen to this thing hard daily. just get the HDC3. u will never blow that sub with 1200 watts. and u can add more power to it if u need too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
yeah I think I am going to go with the HDC3 due to space. I dont want ALL SPL but my set up is mainly geared toward that. So i am looking at a 15" HDC3 2 ohms with copper coils, an AQ1200d with KnuKonceptz 0 gauge. Sound good to yall?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2179
sounds like a good set up to me!

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3342
BLK.

I am impressed..

In all honesty I would go with the HDC3 between those two subs also.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Just ordered them. Dual 2 ohms, copper coils 15" HDC3 and an AQ1200d. This is sick

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2182
sweet. did u see the good lookin guy on the home page

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Hahaha no. But I did see some pretty beautiful looking subs.

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2183
well look again man! im right on the front! the kid with the beard in the blue golf

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
seriosuly? Thats tight, I was reading up on you the other day. That system looks nasty. You still have it in?

Gold Member

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2184
yep. add me on fb man

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
alright i just did, hope i sent that to the right guy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts