Adding subwoofer to factory system

Username: Seanthemortgageguy

Keller, Tx USA

Post Number: 4
I am looking for a simple subwoofer add on for my factory system. I would prefer to have the least amount of space taken by the box, so I am considering one of the already amplified boxes offered by Infinity, MTX, and JL Audio. Has anyone ever owned any of these, if so, how is the sound. I don't want or need earth shattering bass, just a little "oomf" to my exisitng stereo.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10781
Those are not really a good value for what they cost... a single 10" or 12" sub in a sealed box should fit your small space requirement along with a 1000w or less amp depending on the sub. And a line level converter will hook up to your rear speakers for the signal.

That will work, but an aftermarket HU will give you more control and better results.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 5435
Heard one of these the other day in a girls car and it will do exactly what you need. Then later on when you get to the point where you need more kick, you can do what MS described above. But for what it is, and the price and ease of install, it really impressed me.
link

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10783
If you go that route its only a matter of time until you want an upgrade so heres a tip, run a 4 gauge wire the first time, don't bother with any thinner wire as it won't allow for an upgrade.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 12895
x2 on both suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us