JL 6W3v3

Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 4
Hey guys, if i have a JL 12W6 sub, would it be a good idea, (since the openings are there in the back) to add some JL 6W3v3 in the back to add a bit of range to the bass. My setup is completely sq based

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15687
http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/rearfill.html

whatever range ur sub is set to peak at say 80hz ur front speakers shud be set to play from 80hz up .....

Post Number: 6
Right but should i set the range 80-100hz for the 6inch woofers and 20-80 for the 12inch or would this not make a difference and leave them all the same range. Will I probably need to adjust the time time correction for the 6inch since they will react faster than the twelve

Post Number: 9
no takers on this one

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15693
well i guess its either no1 on here has done it or its not such a good idea so nobody is even going to try it ......imo it seems such a waste & added expense to buy a pair of speakers & amp just to play a narrow 80-100 band width

maybe u shud just upgrade ur comps upfront ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
well its just that i figured that the 6inchers will be handle the higher frequency range, since theres less excursion and air displacement, especially for half beats. It doesnt have to be that narrow a range. I'd maybe change the front, but i already have alpine type x with focal midbass and its all in fiberglass so im afraid to touch that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Well i looked them up i might wait on doing this. There is still one thing i want to know. These are 6inch subs, the manual recommends a box. Would i really need a box because they would be on my back ledge? I know normal subs do but these are 6 inch, maybe an even better reason to box them?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us