Ported sub boxes in suv???

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 711
ok just about everyone i see that has a system in an suv has the port on the bottom of the box and ported toward the hatch y is it that i dont see many that r ported up towards the roof of the suv im really trying to figure this out..

Thanks,
Thomas

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 265
most face to the rear hatch.. i think this is done for a reverb effect.the sound reverbs off of thehatch and all heads straight to the cabin? not sure though. just throwing a guess out there. correct me if im wrong though..

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 547
yeah thats pretty much it, unless you have a system like 4 18's or something they may throw the ports up to the roof, because if that air is pushing on the hatch, you will get lots of rattle and lose alot of air of you are doing SPL.

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 271
yahh. thats about it. i would do subs up port back. or subs back port back..

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 713
ok cause i have a 10' sub up and the ports up just wanted to know if it would have been better to do other eventually im gonna do 2 15"aq hdc3

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 2029
Subs up port back or sub to the side port back normally yields higher SPL #s.

The only time I'd ever use port up sub up in an SUV is if I really couldn't get the box big enough otherwise. If it's loud enough you stop hearing the rattles :-)

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 715
thanks guys for the help i had the box from my s15 and just thew it into my jeep so i never rebuilt anything and it also my work truck so space is limited but it does sound good i know i could get more out of it but alt wouldnt be able to handle it

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Phnom PenhCambodia

Post Number: 4756
subs to the side facing the passenger side of the vehicle and port back worked best for my 99 tahoe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us