Still Out Of Stock

Bronze Member
Username: Pushinsubs

Post Number: 15
Well i took everybody's advice and decided to go with

2 AudioQue SDC2.5 12"
and
Kicker zx1500

The only problem is AudioQue has been sold out of the the SDC2.5 12" for weeks.

Also: anybody know a place near Cary or Raleigh, North Carolina that can make a Ported Box for this, since i have no clue how to make one.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1485
theres a place on glenwood ave. that does good work. its gonna be expensive though. called sound station and security.

I would suggest building it yourself. If you can't build a simple box i would doubt your ability to install audio components.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Do you know what the place on Glenwood ave is called.

I could make my own box pretty easily im really just not too sure about all this porting and tuning. I want my subs to show their full potential, thats why i really want a professional to make the box.

Does SSAS (sound station) install subs, amps, and head units?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Well i just checked out the Fi SSD 12" and so far i hear they are better than the AQ SDC2.5 in SQL, which is what i want. Is that true?

Also those are available in Dual 1 or 2 ohm, but the Kicker zx1500 amp is stable down to 2 ohm, so if i wanted the 1 ohm to get the most power what amp should i get.

Going down to 1 ohm gives more watts than the 2 ohm right?

ALSO! I read up on the SSD's and they recommend a sealed box for this setup ( 2 12" SSD)

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7156-ssd-enclosure-recommendations/

Also i heard adding BP power to the SSD's for an extra $30 adds about 200-500 watts rms to it, is it worth it to spend the $30? cause i heard that you wont really hear that much of a difference.

I dont really know so much about car audio, so give me a break =/

Thanks for all the help!
Drew

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1058
ahh if your using the that zx1500 id go with a Q :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
The Q's are a little too expensive. Could you answer the ?'s i have posted above?

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

If youre going to give...

Post Number: 1486
"Do you know what the place on Glenwood ave is called"

thanks for reading my post

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 266
LMAO!!^^ i was thinking the same thing..

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
but drew, i was in the same boat you are in.. i was going to get 2 sdc 12s, and they were gonna be out til feb i think. so i got 2 ssd 12s. very niceee.. eventhough i have them wired to 4 ohms, they have pretty good output and hit the lows rather nicely..

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

D&L Audio Tech.Dustin

Post Number: 5186
How much is "sound station" charging you? if your looking for a ported box I could make ya one. Most likely alot cheaper than what a shop would charge.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
im not exactly sure how much they are charging me, i have to get the stuff first and then they will give me an estimate.

But it comes down to what subs am i gonna get?
nobody has really said anything about which one i should get. SSD or wait for the SDC2.5's
Nor has anybody answered my questions about the if i should get sealed or ported and the BP power

EricB could you please give me more information on the SSD's you have such as their SL and SQ (SQL) and if i should purchase them or not. Also what amp do you have running it, and what are the specs of your box?

Thanks for everybody's help

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2172
i can make u a box starting on the 16th ill be free to build

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
well theres a bit of a price difference between the ssd and the sdc's. so if price is an issue, wait for the sdcs, if not? get the ssd's. they hit hard, very very musical. i havent owned a sub with as much sq as these. they sound very nice while still pounding and crushing the lows.. im running and AQ1200D to the subs, and specs? good lord, i THINK its like 4.2 cubes after displacements tuned 35Hz.. i would definitely recommend either sub though. and as far as the add ons to the subs, just read under the tech on FI's website and see what they do, and thatll tell you wether or not to get this or that add on...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Since your is 4.2 cubes and 35Hz does that make yours better in any way? SQ, SL, watts?

Also the Fi website says that the BP power adds from 200-500 watts, but i read up on it and people said you could barely tell the difference, so is it worth the extra $30?

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
no, not worth it at all.. i paid extra and its horse sh!+. lol and you dont wanna make your box too much bigger or too small for your subs.. you wanna do what they require.. i always go a lil bigger than the minimum. i did around 2.???cu. ft. per sub. and the 35Hz(frequency) a higher frequency box will play higher end bass better but you will be sacrificing some of the lower frequencies. same goes with lower, except youll be sacrificing some of the general output and some of the higher end frequencies. i prefer low bass though. so i like mine tuned lower.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Fi recommends 33Hz for a ported box, urs is 35, so don't you mean you like yours tuned higher?

Silver Member

Post Number: 274
no.. i like tuned low. i just wanted to even it out a lil more.. but i much prefer the lower frequencies over the higher ones..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Ah gotcha. Now i just need that one last question answered in my other "Help" thread.

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 168
The SDC2.510 and SDC2.512's will be shipping again this Friday.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2631
The Fi SSD will be a nice woofer to go with. Run 2 D2's in series on th eZx 1500.1 and you will be happy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Well i was planning on getting the dual 1 ohm SSD's so i think im gonna get an AudioQue 1200D which is stable down to 1 ohm with 1200 watts underrated

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2632
Why, the D2's will work just fine and no difference. More power form the Kicker as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
either one will be fine.. if ur getting one ohm subs get the aq, if you want the 2ohm get the keek...

Platinum Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Northern VA

Post Number: 11711
I'd take the zx1500.1 over the AQ personally. Having owned an SSD, the AQ is enough power for one SSD. If you get two SSDs, get an amp that is sufficient for them. A lot of people run two SSDs off the zx1500.1 with good success.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us