Crunch ground pounder 3000 pro vs ap3000d vs AQX-3500.1

Bronze Member
Username: Kryptonitewhite

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 42
yup, another VS thread, and yup this is getting old, I am sorry. Seems the more research I do, the more questions I have.

So I want more power than I originally thought. crunch ground pounder 3000 pro, ap3000d, AQX-3500.1?

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 44
http://www.carmedia1.com/index1.html

I'm assuming $400 here is better than $600 for a Ground Pounder 3000 PRO?

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 45
Audioque 3500D $549 each to any zip code in the lower 48 States.

well good to know

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 134
If you're looking for a large amp for a good deal go with AQ. Make sure you have the electrical upgrades to handle such power though. What subs do you plan on running?

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 46
6 Shuriken bt80s, HO alt, 2 3500 watt amps for 2 21" Exodus Audio Maelstrom-Xs, I already have 4 Adire Audio Extremis 6.4s, Kicker KX850.5, 2 adire/CSS/exodus FR125Ss, Kicker KX350.4, and 2 Vifa XT25TG30s and a 200.2

Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 8
LOL "yup, another VS thread, and yup this is getting old, I am sorry. Seems the more research I do, the more questions I have" I feel the same way, there's so much stock out there that it gets very confusing very fast

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 47
yeah dude, and everyones opinions vary so much! some one is always in love with one of the products, and someone else has total hatred

Silver Member
Username: Msand951

San jacinto, Ca Usa

Post Number: 207
Well for the price the AQ, and ive heard good things about the aqx3500 its fan cooled and havent burnt up like some amp i bought for 429.

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 48
The AQ is about $180 more, but recently I haven't heard much good about audiopipe...though a year ago it was all good.

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 49
just heard this " The gpv30001d has the same board as the aqx35001 but the aqx has better processing for cleaner output. "

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 50
I replotted, and I love it. 2 MXs 40 cubic feet @ 15Hz, 6000 watts ( hoping that the GPVs will have plenty of headroom and the gains will be down a touch or a few)

vs

4 MXs 40 cubes sealed 10000 watts ( 100 watts headroom per BXi)

under 40mm Xmech, though I hope the suspension tightening will keep it closer to Xmax in reality

[IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/kryptonitewhite/mix5/2ventvs4seale d-1.jpg[/IMG]

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 51
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRmps_QjzdI]YouTube - Crunch GROUND POUNDER GPV 2009 Amplifiers[/url]

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 52
he wants $600 for the GPV. I'm not so sure about AP, the aqx. The AQ is a touch cheaper than the GPV.

Crunch Ground Pounder V 3000.1D $600
AQ3500D $550
AP AQX - i'm shaky and iffy on it. only $400 though

Bronze Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 82
Adire Extremis....DrOoL!

Bronze Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 83
Check out this Memphis!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Memphis-4kw-Amp-Great-Condition_W0QQitemZ140366710152QQcmdZV iewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item20ae820588

You may be able to get this for around $600. You can get two and strap them together for 10K Watts!

Kick but Amp too.

Also for the same price range:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soundstream-Goliath-Tarantula-XXX-6500D-MONSTER-AMP_W0QQitem Z260521768798QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item3ca84eb75e

Not the prettiest amp, and I think the actual RMS is more like 5K on these, but I had two at one point in a comp car hooked up to two Memphis Mad Max 15" subs. I literally blew my rear windows out when I burped at 174.7dB. The quad 1 ohm coils on the Mad Max's loved this amp.

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 53
u like the extremis... someone knows their stuff

Bronze Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 91
Check out this speaker: It also uses the XBL^2 tech but has greater XMax:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/546787.html

Again, DrOoL!

Also, keep in mind the amps you are looking at are not the best build quality. Hence, why I suggested the Soundstream and Memphis, preferably the Memphis. In that price range, you should be able to find much better build quality...

Bronze Member

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 54
oh those came out before I bought my extremis. I think the extremis were as flat and SQ oriented as could be and the Mpyre went for more output.. idk for sure though.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 573
174 db? do you have pictures or videos nick, just hard time believing you right now lol.

Username: Djdcb

Post Number: 2
woow GOOO NICK hell depending on the time of year we could have ourselves a worldrecord holding SPL contestant who sponsored you NICK or wheres your shop

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10859
Nick:

Heres a tip stop trying to say you did 174 db and blew your windows out, nobodys gonna believe that. And both those amps are known to have terriable efficiency and not do their rated power on any reasonable electrical system.

Upload

Silver Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 112
Setting up the SA and RTA, no, I didn't video tape...why would I? The XXX do have poor efficiency and are known for not running RMS ...hence why I believe it only ran more like 5K watts vs. it's rated 6500watts. I am not sure I understand your statement, MS. I had to replace the windows with Lexguard windows.

Last time I heard, which was a while ago, the WR for SPL was 191(point something) from an older woman with a truck. It was a big deal and even on the news since 202dB at 20Hz shattered a monkey's brain... 170s is not really that big of a deal. Perhaps I didn't convey my statement properly. I was stating that shattering windows at 174 is unusual and unexplainable by me.

No sponsors, no shop anymore. Quit IASCA when I left Richmond, VA.

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2660
Whoa, who the fawk is this nuckle-head? 191.* WR... EL OH EL. You are talking about Alma Gates as the older lady, and no one has done a 190 period. 181.* is record. Craig Butler has it.

And no, the new Memphis 4kw's are junk. They stay in protect longer than on. Ask IASCA bass boxing champ Mike Hadden how he likes his 4kw's haha.

Virgil Williams runs the XXX 15000 with no issues on his 2 8 inch woofers. Does well,and they have 4 inputs :D Over 10,000 at 14 volts but not 15K by no means.

You also never blew your back window out. You are not cool for trying to lie either. You are not talking to some kid here bud.

Silver Member

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 141

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2669
Glad you can laugh at yourself, because you clearly need to do more research.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7510
so you want two 3000ds?

selling my pair of RD 3250.1 V1s.. $900 shipped.. way better choice than all three of those amps you have listed

only reason for sale is I swapped up for two RD D9s.. these amps are currently still hooked up in my wifes wagon

email me.. frkkevin (at) yahoo (dot) com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us