Suddenly have a problem. help plz

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 201
so i recently got my new rd 1000.1 in. hooked it all up. put 1 12" sonance v2 on it at 1 ohm. ive been listenin it for over a week now, n yesterday im makin a video. everythings goin good then a whining noise starts comin from my 6x9s and the sub starts goin crazy, not hittin any of the beats. so i hurry up turn it down, shut off my car and a pop sound comes from the 6x9s n the sub. i pull the keys out and the amp stayed on. it always use to shut off.so i pull my remote wire out. amp shuts off. i turn my radio back on and its still makin a whining noise, so i shut it back off, pop again. so i pull the rcas outta the amp. turn the radio back on and everything is fine, no whining sound. everythings crisp n clear. so im wonderin wats my problem. its a pionner hu maybe 4 5 months old. brand amp used maybe 2 weeks. my rcas are an old pair that my dad gave me so idk how long they been around. can rcas go bad? or do u think its something to do with the hu or amp. n y wouldnt the amp shut off when i shut off my car n took the keys outs. plz help, riding with beat til i get these figured out

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 191
Most likely it's yr rca's bro, run a new pair and let us know how it goes.

Make sure the rcas aren't spilt open and touching any metal (when u run new ones) and if you can get some with a nice a** jacket too for more protection.

When you come into proba like this start fixing/changing out little stuff. like rcas and not a headunit.

Let us know how it goes.

Gold Member
Username: Bonhamd

Traverse City, MI

Post Number: 1986
its probably the pioneer problem

try grounding the rcas on the HU

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 192
^ that's possible as well.

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 193
Upload the video so we can see you freaking out

Silver Member
Username: M0nstar

Toledo, OH U.S.

Post Number: 396
^ i wanted to post everything they said when i read ur post.

azzholes.

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 194
hahahah

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 203
how do i ground rcas on my head unit

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 195
If I'm not mistaken you splice into them and ground em to the frame of your ride. as if you were grounding your amp

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 196
but I'm not 100% sure..

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTION, La. Lake Charles...

Post Number: 4145
ummmmmmmmm. WTF??? Are you saying to splice into your RCA's (cables) and frame ground them???? IF so, Please don't post sh!t that you arn't certain is correct, unless you want to pay for the damages that can be caused by your terrible advice. Wow.. I'll try to find an illustration that shows the correct solution.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4146
Upload

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 197
love you too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4151
Que_er AND dumb..... Great combination..

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 198
okay dude I was wrong and stated I that I was not sure, take a f**kin break.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 204
so pretty much jus wrap some wire around each set of rca outputs n ground it? if it was somethin to do with the rcas, y did the amp stay on.just wonderin

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 205
ik its of no importance now, just want to correct my first post...i meant brand new* amp used maybe 2 weeks, and im riding with out* beat til i get this figured out

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

TEAM NEBRASKA Lincoln,NE

Post Number: 1032
get a better HU imo

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 206
thatd be great if i had cash. i jus sent like 170 to get this one like 4 5 months ago.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 208
plz dont talk sh!t if this is a stupid question, u may kno but i dont thats y im askin

should my rcas be ran on the opposite side of the car as the power?

Silver Member

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 201
Yes, say if you had your ground and power on yr driver side run your rcas on your passenger.

and on a personal note.. who gives a f**k if you don't know or have a dumb question. that'd why try makes fourms hahah

good luck

Gold Member

Post Number: 4156
Example of dumb questions: What sub is louder?
How many DB's will I hit?, ect...

Your question is a good question.. And the answer is yes, if possible.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 531
if that doesnt work, then you couldve f**ked up the rca outputs on your deck when something shorted out or something. try all that stuff, then if it doesnt work you may need new deck.

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 209
still got a warranty, so if thats the prob ill get it replaced. im goin to grab a new set of rcas anyway. thanks for all the help

Silver Member

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 210
ok so i ran a new set of rca cables on the opposite side of the car as my power wire. grounded my rcas on the hu. it worked for about 15 minutes then my amp kicks off, protect light comes on, my rca cables are so hot u can feel the rubber casing or whatever sliding on the wire. so i call steve, he says its pry the hu, so i borrow my buddies alpine hu, hook it up. run new rca cables. and the amp wont turn on. i ran a jumper wire from the power to the remote on the amp, the protect light flashs for a split second.then when i pull the jumper wire off it makes a very quiet tink sound.

so im guessin my hu f*cked up my amp. any thoughts on this? im goin to call steve tomorrow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us