DEI Python 881xp brain transplant? Few q's....

Username: Mr_marcus

Post Number: 1
Hi, all- this might be a bit long- my apologies up front. :-)

First, a brief history....

I have an 881 in an 04 Avalanche, installed the alarm in late 05 I believe. It worked fine for about two and a half years, then I came out one day and the remote start wouldn't, and the battery had drained. Heard a bunch of clicks and noise which sounded related to the alarm, so I disconnected it. Got a jump, truck worked fine. When I had a chance to tinker with it, I hooked it back up again, worked fine, then one day it drained my battery. Disconnected again and let it go, as I have limited time to tinker with it. Sooooooo, the other day I hooked it back up again and BAM, started fine, alarm worked fine. All was well for one week, to the day. Same problem this morning. So I disconnected the brain again, and am charging the battery up now; will re-install shortly, but I suspect it will fire right up, as when I disconnected the alarm, the engine mysteriously started to crank, just didn't have enough juice left to turn over.

So a few q's....

1. What in the alarm would be draining my battery all of a sudden like that? I am 100% sure it was not a dome light or anything of that nature. It is definitely related to the alarm.

2. I want to just say screw it and replace the alarm (use existing wiring, just replace the brain/remote)- I can get my hands on a fresh brain and remote pretty inexpensively. Think that might solve my problem?

3. Does the Viper 791xp brain/remote interchangeable with the Python 881 brain/remote? I had a 791 in my Acura, and they appeared to be just about identical spec-wise, feature-wise.

Any help appreciated.

Post Number: 2
Confirmed-- battery charged and reinstalled, truck working fine. No alarm. :-(

Post Number: 3
Wow, no one has any input?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us