Keeker Solo Classic?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2970
I was just browsing through some of Keekers products and noticed they had a Solo classic woofer. Im not sure if this is somewhat old news or what but I dont remember seeing it around or even anyone mentioning it. I just remember back in the day when I first got in to car audio the original Solo Baric (round) was the sub everyone wanted. I remember hearing a few different setups with the old school Solo and I thought it sounded awesome. Maybe it was because i was still a newb? I dont know but I was just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this "new" Solo Baric and how it performes to the original one. The Solo Classic says its reccomended for small sealed boxes which is kinda cool if it actually performes well,I know it would work great for small trucks like mine if its even worth buying. The freq response is 18-100hz which seems kinda low to me so I dont really know what to think about this woofer. Im not wanting to buy one or anything, just ran across it and thought it looked interesting. It took me back to the day when systems were a lot less complex,when all you did was throw in a hu,amp, and a Keeker woofer in a prefab box and put it in your trunk and called it a day. Nowadays its more batts,new alts,fancy enclosures, ect.

Ahhh the memories the old school Solos bring back.......:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10756
Why would 100hz seem low.... you would never ever want a sub playing and higher that that no matter what sub it is

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2971
I was referring to the 18hz. It just doesnt seem like it could play that low in the small sealed box that they reccomend. But anyways,any other comments on this sub? Would it be worth picking one up to play with? Like I said before,I always liked the old round Solos so this new Solo caught my eye. Plus it would work well in my ext cab since the box rec. are so small. Xmas is coming up and I am thinking of getting a couple subs to play around with,this being one of them. And I am not planning on running this full time,if I even decide to pick one up,cuz I have my TC for my everyday use. :-) I just get really bored and like to try out differnet subs from time to time.

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1139
i could see it happening but i dont know about the old school things like that i didnt get into speakers till 04 so thats before my time

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 533
their ok, overpriced and blow easy. you can spend your money and get something better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us