Power Acoustic subs...anyone ever had these?

gr8ridejester
I was searching around for some descent, high wattage subs and I came across the Power Acoustic MOFO 15". Has anyone ever used these? I know the saying, "You get what you pay for" comes into play with car audio. I've had JL 10's and Kicker 12's in the past, but I've got a new project car...1980 El Camino SS. I'd like to mount these in the bed where the "secret" spot is between the back seat and the bed. If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry. It's not a biggy. Anyway, any info is helpful.

Anonymous
all i gotta say is if it weighs over 20lbs then its gonna hit

motoman22
The MOFO was one of the original "stupid big over-engineered monster magnet with big price to match" subs.

Yes, they pound.

gr8, can I suggest skimping on the audio and splurging on a monster motor for that car? I'm thinking anything less than a balanced 427 with a twin-screw blower is not going to do that car justice. They SCREAM for big motors :c)

my when i was 9 my dad had a 70 AMC AMX with a 390, wish he still had that car, maybe i'd buy it off him :) good times

Anonymous
yah these subs hit real hard, i have in my '76 camaro in kuwait.
u want be disaapaointed. go for it. but u'll need a powerful amp. I have boss pd-3000 watts amp. WORKS GR8
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us