Good amps for Alpine Sub and Kenwood 6x9s

Username: Jcat13

Post Number: 1
Let me start by saying my current setup:

I have a Dodge Stratus with the Sony CDX-GT630UI reciever installed.

I also ordered a pair of Kenwood KFC-6982IE's for replacing the rear speakers. Any recommendation for an amp as far as those go or will the Sony deck be ok with powering them?

As for the sub, I pretty much decided on getting an Alpine Type-R (SWR-1242D) and putting it in a sealed box.

Would you guys recommend a Kenwood KAC-9104D or Alpine MRP-M500? Or are there other better options? Somewhere around $200..

Thanks for the help!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 76
The Alpne type R is a good choice if you're wanting good sound on a budget. If you want to get the most out of a single 12 I would say go ported. It will help it get a little louder. I've heard Kenwood amps are good but I would just say go ahead and get the Alpine. Alpine amps are good and efficient, plus you'll have matching brands. As far as an amp for the coax speakers, you may be ok with the deck running them. If you have problems with the subwoofer over powering the loudness of the music, then I would suggest a 4 channel amp to increase the power to your speakers to balance out everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 77
If you're going with the Alpine MRP-M500 make sure your sub is a dual 4 ohm woofer. That way you can wire it to 2 ohm so you will be getting 500 rms to it. http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-2009-ALPINE-MRP-M500-MONO-BLOCK-AMPLIFIER!!!_W0QQitemZ350256343987QQcmdZViewItem?rvr_id=&itemid=350256343987

Username: Jcat13

Post Number: 2
thanks Dooley

so it dosen't make an impact on sound or volume when you hook it up as 2 ohms vs 4 ohms?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us