Hifonics bxi 1210d vs AQ 1200D

Bronze Member
Username: Cyam

Post Number: 43
Hey, I have posted tons of questions on here and now im finall planning on buying an AQ 1200D because so many ppl have suggested it on here, but does anyone have experience with the hifonics bxi 1210d? My initial thought is that hifonics isn't as good at AQ and that I should spend the extra $30 to get something I know is gonna work well. BXi says 900w Rms @ 2ohms and I'm not so sure I believe them (a little overrated), vs AQ @ 870w Rms @ 2ohm (who seems to be obsessed with quality and underrating their products).
You agree/disagree?
Thankx

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 75
the Hifonics won't do all of what it says it will and the quality isn't going to be that good. Go with the AQ and you'll be happy. Even at $30 more it's a smoking deal for a 1200 rms amp.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 186
2x on that. look at the fuse rating of the hifonics then look at the fuse rating on the aq and other various 1200 rms amps. the hifonics has a 80a fuse rating. the aq, ed nine.1 and rd 1000.1 all have a fuse rating of 120. hifonics is widely known for overrating there amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Yeah I figured, I was reading other Forums and some Hifonics fanatics were on there...so i just wanted to hear it from you all again. I saw that it was only an 80amp fuse and that makes me think that it only runs at about 60-75% efficiency, whereas the AQ1200 runs 3x40w amps @ 84% effic. @ 4ohms. Sounds like AQ is highly supported on here. Ill be getting one of those pretty soon here. (would have gotten an ED NINe.1 but they are on 120day backorder and I dont wanna wait) :P
Thanks Guys!

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 83
Let us know how it works out for you and keep us posted with anymore questions you may have.

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 188
i feel ya on the ed nine.1, i actually ordered one. til i found out about the 120 day leadtime. canceled that. ull be happy with the aq 1200. solid amp. nothin but good reviews

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2819
the aq is a great amp for the money.

aq amps are very accurately rated amps, so dont expect much more than what they are rated at.

"it was only an 80amp fuse and that makes me think that it only runs at about 60-75% efficiency"

if one amp has a smaller small fuse than another and both produce the same output, the amp with a smaller fuse would most likely be more efficient, not less. make sense?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10747
AQ stomps hifonics AND ed... couldn't have made a better choice

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 152.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15651
id pick AQ as well .....

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2844
I just picked up my second AQ amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
I still need to order my first! Had some tire/bolt repair I had to pay for...set me back a bit but Ill be getting the amp shortly after Christmas...fingers crossed!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us