Help with choosing first Amp...

Username: Laeokaula

Post Number: 1
this is my fist time picking an amp and I already have subs, they're 2 Kicker C12 Comps, and I have no idea what Watt peak/RMS is, but I was offered a 500 watt amp to power both subs...will this amp be sufficient or will I need a more powerful amp? (any advice would be greatly appreciated, sorry if I seem ignorant but like I said...first amp)

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 69
Ok I am not familiar with these subs but from what I'm finding online after looking them up, they seem to hold 150 rms each and be a single 4 ohm sub. If this is correct you will want an amp that does 300 rms x 1 at a 2 ohm load. I believe kicker makes amps that fit this bill. As well as other brands.

Username: Laeokaula

Post Number: 2
so I need a 300 rms x 1 at 2 ohms to power both of them? or just one?

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 72
Both. When you have 2 subs that are each a single 4 ohm sub, when you run them to the amp together you will be at a 2 ohm load. This is known as bridging. So you need one amp and hook the subs up to the amp. Both positive wires in the + terminal and both negatives in the - Terminal. Then make sure to set your gain correctly on your amp.

Username: Imagedynamics214

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 9
get a kicker zx300.1 amp trust me, good amp, perfect for the subs if not made specifically for those subs ( almost like a warhorse is for a 18 solo x)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us