Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 224
like 2 years ago, the clarion and pioneers p880 was the bomb, pure sq

Bronze Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 39
IF you can find the Pioneer P9 combo, those sure were sweet! I have heard a Denon HU that sounded really good as well as a Panasonic Vacuum Tube CQ-TX5500W HU. A guy on Ebay has them all the time... http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Panasonic-CQ-TX5500W-Vacuum-Tube-CD-Player-MP3_W0QQitem Z330375055091QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item4cebe346f3

It actually sounds very tubelike indeed, but the environment in a vehicle is unforgiving. I guess I'd need to have other reasons for a tube sound in my vehicle before buying one.

A buddy of mine just installed a Pioneer DEH-7100BT with the Bluetooth built in. Nice unit. Even came with Calibration mic and sounds great. Even has a blackout feature.

For A/V though, the Eclipse AVN7000 still tops my list.

Silver Member
Username: Mrsq

California

Post Number: 230
awe ya i remember those panasonic Vacuum and P9 combo by premier and it had true burr brown , i agree man, those were the HU that was to kick butt in SQ, and i also like the Clarion945 DXZ MP,

Bronze Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 49
Clarion DXZ had great reviews, but were never my flavor. Rockford made a version of it as well, that ran like $1200.

Good times, they sure don't make 'em like they used to.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us