Clear this up real quick for me please!

Bronze Member
Username: Cyam

Post Number: 31
So if I have two subs (2 Pioneer TS-W308D2's)
-each are DVC
-each INDIVIDUAL voice coil is 2ohm

2 subs x 2 voice coils each = 4 voice coils

So...4 voice coils @ 2ohm = ? ohms
=1ohm or 4ohm?

Does this mean that each sub can be wired at 1ohm or 4ohm?

So then these subs can be wired together @ 1ohm or 4ohm?

So if I run my amp @ 1ohm and wire it correctly, I will have my Resistance lined up correctly?
What wiring technique should I use?

Thank you!
CJ

Silver Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 166
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp This should help you out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Yeah, I've been looking at that stuff and Im not sure if they mean the impedence of the voice coils or the subs overall, or if they mean the ohms i want them to be wired it.
Lol. Thankx

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
So im told that 2 DVC 2ohm subs are wired to a 2ohm source.
I thought it was to a 1 ohm source because when wired, a 2ohm DVC turns into 1 ohm?

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 58
A single dual voice coil 2 ohm sub can either be wired to 4 ohms or 1 ohm. When you have 2 subs of the same, wired the same, running them to an amp together cuts the ohm load in half. So if you have 2, 2 ohm dvc subs and wire each to 4 ohms, running them to your amp will run them at a 2 ohm load. If you were to wire each to 1 ohm, running them to the amp would mean a 0.5 ohm load.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
K thanks Shawn, I haven't bought the AQ1200 yet, but it sounds like it'll do what I need it to...and more, if I want to run other subs to it in the future.
Thanks
CJ

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 855
I have had that bouncing around it my mind for some time .. is it not an issue of weather they hooked up in series or parallel or a combination of either or above ??

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
I thought it was a difference on how they were wired too...but I guess its nothing a little experimenting wont answer. ^_^ Cuz one group tells me to series them @ 1ohm and another says to parallel them @ 2ohm...(or something like that, I forget what wiring style they said). Actually for 2ohm it is a Parallel/Series combo. Lol.
So many options, need to talk to an electrical engineer. =)

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 60
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=4&series_id=3 1&family_id=11&item_id=108288&locale=en_US&p_status=
Click on the wiring wizard tab. It will explain how to wire your subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us