Help asap!!!!! pls pls pls take 2 seconds!!!

Username: Ford150solox

Cavecreek, Az Uu

Post Number: 1
ok, i got a 05 f150 black on black, 22s. touchscreen doorspeackers dimonad d3s. all 0 gauge 100farad cap, custom box 5cbft not ported all in my 2 and half door, like between 2 door and extanted cab, i got a solox 18, 10,000watt peak i got biggest mtx amp. only pusing 3,750watt arms, sub is 5,000watt rms, i cracked fron window but its all working fine then it stops, like it will hit hard tell i turn the volume up, loud then ware the wires from sub to the amp, its smoke and makes sub like carck noise, its a mono block 2 amp. its like the hole channel heats up and smoke instantly when volume is up

Username: Imagedynamics214

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 3
make sure you dont have the gain up too high on the amp as that amp is not really powerful enough for that sub

Username: Creator1

Canada

Post Number: 1
Throw the cap out! Chek batt voltage AT amp.
WHAT smokes? The sub? The amp? The insulation on the speaker wires melting? What exactly smokes? IF its all properly wired AND good 1/0 Ground cable AND upgraded battery to frame Ground up front- then turn amp gain down. I had RF that would POP the caps in the amp power supply. Could be the amp is saturating and clipping causing the sub to snap. OR- check the tinsel leads- could have one burned off or close and when the cone MOVES too far- it can come apart and then connect again- causing bumping and hard on the amp? Difficult without exactly knowing WHAT is doing the smoking. But unless its a 40 year old car engine- SMOKING is bad :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us